• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift for road and trail

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i want only a 2" lift, good road manners, and ok ride quality.
I don't want to have to redo my whole susp. or have a bad lift break down my stock susp. It's my DD.
So! What lift do you guys suggest?
i know big lifts you have to redo speedo, allignment, etc. is all that needed on a small lift too?
Thanks!

The lift doesn't change anything regarding gearing or the speedo - it's the change in tire size that necessitates that.

RE 2" Budget Boost with full-length AALs and 30" BFG AT makes a great daily driver/trail combo. The gearing is generally good to handle that and the speedometer rarely needs correction for that tire size.

If you are looking for a budget lift try to stay away from blocks for the rear axle. an add-a-leaf or an extended shackle kit would be best to prevent axle wrap. the blocks will act much like a larger wrench on a bolt and create an axle wrap problem. Im not sure if that made sence to you. i forget where i heard that anology. Just go with shackles or AALs. the AALs in most cases make for a stiffer ride in the back. DANASTAR (spelling?) makes what looks like a nice 1.75" kit with coil spacers and a greasable or non-greseable (your choice) shackles. you may want to check that out, and any time you mess with suspention geometry or steering geometry you will want an alignment. Happy Jeeping. :)

-Tim

If I were to just pull up a web site and order a Budget boost. I would pick up the Rusty's Budget Boost with Spacers and Shackles. In fact, my next inch will be from this boost.

I hear that OME is the best for 2", but expensive.

JMotorsprt said:
I hear that OME is the best for 2", but expensive.

x2 if you got the money the OME is worth it

I am using RockyRoad's 2" BB that comes with 2" poly spacers for the front, 1/2" blocks and shackles for the back and bar pin eliminater for all 4 shocks. I love it. There is no noticable change to the on-road performance. I do also have pro-comp es9000 shocks that are very stiff! It know handles like my old WRX! (no quite, but close)

Back