• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Meow...........

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_20160606_202840209_zpsh2yrtlbf.jpg

Kinda fitting....... me being an overweight cop and all.

Also fitting...... deceptively powerful and agile for it's size.

:moon:

Last edited:
I did.

Well, a bank is letting me drive it while I pay quite a while to get the title.......lol.

IMG_20160606_202915529_zpsgfwvvups.jpg

Did you get a discount since they forgot to paint the hood?

Looks good!

HUGE discount. How else did you think I'd pull off snagging a Hellcat? Scratch-N-Dent sale baby! The interior is 3 different colors! :laugh:

cripes. I shoulda been a cop. without kids....:banghead:

congrats Yella -- between your SRT, your bad motor scooter and your excessively masculine overpowered muscle car, I think you are nearly done checking all of the midlife crises boxes :sunshine:

Awesome!!!! Did you trade the truck or add to the fleet??

We now have THREE 2016 vehicles at our hacienda....... don't envy this.

cripes. I shoulda been a cop. without kids....:banghead:

congrats Yella -- between your SRT, your bad motor scooter and your excessively masculine overpowered muscle car, I think you are nearly done checking all of the midlife crises boxes :sunshine:

Is midlife crisis ever "done"? :laugh: I'm just fortunate to have a sugar-momma who loves me AND cars.

Shari and I both LOVED the WK2 SRT8...... until winter. Even with the expensive "snow and ice" tires, it still left A LOT to be desired for snow and ice covered roads. The felt lined wheel wells collect snow and ice so bad that it eliminates upward suspension travel and front wheel turning..... I'm not kidding. Dangerous stuff. She put up with it for nearly 4 years just so I'd have it around for my fun.

Both of us are SRT product fanatics so this was our solution: Buy a Hemi WK2 for her, put Blizzaks on it and get me a Challenger.

Centennial Jeep had the WK2 we were looking for and they really did give us a great deal and gave us more than we owed for the SRT8 Grand. Here's Shari's new ride:

2016 Overland High Altitude package with the Hemi. Its just an SRT8 minus the cool hood and drivetrain. Inside and out it looks just like one.

IMG_20160605_133629644_HDR_zpsekcrsv1x.jpg

The Challenger search started 2 months ago. Was really leaning toward the budget minded Scat Pack 6.4 / 6-speed package ($42-$46K) but those truly are built as track cars.... they ride like crap with the track tuned suspension.

Shari said to step up to the SRT8 package Challenger ($64-$68K) The ride is adjustable 3 ways, air cooled seats, better sound system and other amenities. Found one we liked, but needed a sunroof. Took them a couple weeks, they said they found one, came in, started talking price but the ever so shrewd sales manager (whom I have a very good relationship with) began shaving the prices on the over stock of Hellcats they had.

My sales guy was summoned over to the managers desk and he returned with red key fobs in hand and a VERY incredulous look on his face. He said "Jeff wants you to drive a Hellcat....... Jeff NEVER lets ANYONE drive a Hellcat. Test drives happen AFTER you finish with the finance guy". He took me to a black Hellcat Charger followed by 8 or so slack-jawed sales guys all muttering "He gave you the red keys????" Ya don't have to beg me.... so off I went. After a 2 mile jaunt...... I was hooked. Good move Jeff.......

However, I was still having difficulty swallowing the payment for a Hellcat even after the $13,500 discount from the increased for 2016 MSRP of $78K....... but the little Yolo gremlin on my shoulder was relentless and Shari was all for it, so what the hell. :dunno:

Test drives daily at noon.

Test rides 'foo. Test rides....... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Do you still have any SRT wk2 wheels? My wife wants a set for her new wk2. I say budget boost and sliders and she says srt8takeoffs and lower.

Next time I am in Colorado I am going to try and get a ride with you or with the furry giant.

Very nice, Troy!

Might have to have you find another jeep for me, just so you could pick me up from the airport in that. :D

Don't be fooled by the weight of that Hellcat. I ran an 11.64 at 121.5 mph with drag radials and a canned diablo 93 octane tune up at Bandimere. DA was 6800.

Love the color combo, reminds me of vanishing point.

I did.

Well, a bank is letting me drive it while I pay quite a while to get the title.......lol.

IMG_20160606_202915529_zpsgfwvvups.jpg

Cripes, an 11 second factory stock car?? What is this, 1968??

Mine looks a wee bit different since I got it.

20160603_193014_zps8gsttvor.jpg

Last edited:
Back