• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First they were on Craigslist, now they're here!!!

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Freakin' scammers!!! Beware!!!! I got this in a PM:

nazza said:
Hello

I am interested in buying the High pinion Dana 60 front axle that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffiths

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your details to me at:[email protected] for a quick reply.

Got this one, too...as well as another one...

nazza said:
Hello

I am interested in buying the '93 F350 high pinion that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffiths

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your details to me at:[email protected] for a quick reply.

Here's the third one...all within the last hour.....

nazza said:
Hello

I am interested in buying the '93 F350 high pinion that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffiths

yo i had the same problem with scammers on craigslist - they even sent me fake checks and stuff! anyways do not give any info etc (my guy was very clear and punctual with emails but of course one thing lead to another....) and if the deal is too good to be true then forget it - you can submit online fraud etc to the FBI and GBI through their online task force web site - i was contacted within a few days and got the whole mess resolved

Yea, I put my Motorola E815 cell phone and car kit on craigslist, what a nitemare that was. On the other hand I just bought a 97ZJ, yup a grand for the wife, off craigslist on Friday and might be picking up another one on wednesday :D

I'm not sure if I made it clear, but I got this in a PM through this website, not Craigslist. Just putting it out there as a heads up in case anyone else gets one....

On another website I use, a guy started messing with them and asking for proof of them saying they are who they are, through pictures with them holding various objects

he got one guy to hold a sign, a watermelon, and have a shoe on his head.

Georgia Mike said:
I'm not sure if I made it clear, but I got this in a PM through this website, not Craigslist. Just putting it out there as a heads up in case anyone else gets one....

NICE. Glad to see we can't keep it outta the pm boxes now.

I hope you realize that you're going to be personally responsible for a critical Dana axle shortage in Nigeria. The Nigerians are going to have to buy their axles from Iran, and one thing leads to another, and next thing you know.....:attom: ....:flame: .....and it will be all your fault for being such a skeptical tight-ass.

Matthew Currie said:
I hope you realize that you're going to be personally responsible for a critical Dana axle shortage in Nigeria. The Nigerians are going to have to buy their axles from Iran, and one thing leads to another, and next thing you know.....:attom: ....:flame: .....and it will be all your fault for being such a skeptical tight-ass.
:yelclap: Thanks for the laugh! :yelclap:

Hello

I am interested in buying the NP 231 that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffiths

ZacSquatch said:
Hello

I am interested in buying the NP 231 that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond Griffiths

Maybe he is looking for a date!! LOL:D
But really thanks for the heads up!

yeah i just got 2 PM's from him about stuff i got for sale.
Mother fricker.

Matthew Currie said:

Thats funny

Georgia Mike said:
Glad I'm not the only one! I got another one from him (assuming it's a he) today. :doh: Same exact one as the last one I got from them. :dunce:

tell him your new asking price is 750 euros. you will wait 3 weeks for payment to clear and then you will ship it.

forget to ship it later.

scam the scammer.

Back