• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great deal on a 91 crx

purplexj

NAXJA Forum User
Saw this on Craigs List. 1991 honda CRX , mint for $1200. I emailed to see if the price was correct. Listing said in NYC. This was his reply.

Hello,You have to know that the 1991 Honda CRX I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 77,000 miles.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. Manual Transmission, VIN: jhmed9367ms007146. No electrical problems on this beauty. As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. I am located in Athena ,Greece and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Greece. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $1200. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Lt. Stephen Timson

Scam.

Awesome little cars though.

When I saw the ad , I though "misprint". My reply to him was "Whaaaaa, are you kidding".

SCAM. Craigslist and Ebay have absolutely nothing to do with each other. If he wanted to involve ebay he should have just sold it on ebay. I'm actually surprised though...this scammer is very good at English. My friend was ripped off 3,000 dollars a few years ago by a guy from Nigeria in an apartment renting scheme...these guys never stop.

Scam--I still have a $3200 check that I was supposed to deposit and send back $3000 and keep an extra $100 for my time for the $100 27 spline 8.25" I was selling on CL(it's $70 now complete with drum brakes and e-cables, 1/96 w/ 72K, btw).
edit: those crxs(esp 90 and 91) wouldn't be a bad commuting car(and esp when the petrol goes on the rise). I'd take that way before any of these modern hybrids/economy cars(although for 100K, the tesla kicks @$$).

Last edited:
Back