• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happens when you turn the key to acc?

XJRocket

NAXJA Forum User
On my XJ, a 94 Country, when you turn the key to accessory, the fan and wipers will work, but the windows will not. It seems like most cars have the accessory position run the radio and windows and nothing else. Just curious if everyone else's is like mine.

You could always rewire them to work in the accessory position as well if you feel compelled. If not just crank the key forward to the "on" position, roll a window up or down, and then crank it back to accessory.

Problem solved :D

You could always rewire them to work in the accessory position as well if you feel compelled. If not just crank the key forward to the "on" position, roll a window up or down, and then crank it back to accessory.

Problem solved :D

Mostly I don't like that if I want to turn the radio on I have to turn off the fan and wipers (I live in Portland, so it is constantly raining and the windshield is constantly fogged up.)

Just a little gripe...

Back