• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunset run - Friday

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Does anyone want to go to Bald Knob (Helicopter Pad) to watch the sun set on Friday after the pot luck?

I would love to go, but not very good at night driving. May have some thing to do with the BAC. So, I would be up for a passenger seat.

I'd be game, yes.

How difficult are the trails?

Depends on what you want to do. Harlan is a large area and you can cover a lot of ground easily in one day, or you can branch off and spend all day on one of the harder trails. There's something for everyone.

The sunset ride is easy. Long, but easy.

The sunset/night ride isn't a very difficult run to Bald Knob. Some of the trail towards the top is getting heavily overgrown so your ride will get some pinstriping and items like antennas and root top baskets tend to catch on stuff. The most worrysome part of the trip is the final climb to Bald Knob. I've seen some weird lines that can get a little unstable.

The sunset/night ride isn't a very difficult run to Bald Knob. Some of the trail towards the top is getting heavily overgrown so your ride will get some pinstriping and items like antennas and root top baskets tend to catch on stuff. The most worrysome part of the trip is the final climb to Bald Knob. I've seen some weird lines that can get a little unstable.

And it's harder coming down from the top than it is going up.

Of course I have a negative turn radius and bad brakes and a 3 mile long wheel base. :D

But it's well worth it. Gorgeous up there.

While the registration says Hawkeye Overlook, I will be planning to go to Bald Knob. Hawkeye has become overgrown with vegetation that is impairs the view. Bald Knob offers a spectacular view to watch the sunset and is closer.

1. KP
2. Tim
3. Dirk
4. Jason
5. Outkastboss
6. Scoobyxj
7. RCV99XJ
8. MELKORsXJ

Back