• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gulches 9-5-10

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Me, April and my Dad loaded up yesterday and headed to Gulches.

First off, Glenn, you were right. It's been a long time since I've been there. Things have changed A LOT! The rock gardens are more ROCK gardens now. Everything has been dug out and uncovered more rocks. It was extremely dry out there yesterday so I didn't have much problem on anything that I tried. I had to winch out of the ONE mucky spot in the whole park.

Bottom line, the larger obstacles are now mostly buggy hill climbs (Cage required). All the other stuff I had little problems with. Locked in the rear and open in the front.

Pictures:

All of this is Palmetto X-ing. It's not really difficult at all unless you start at the very bottom. I blew the tire out on a side hill because I had a little too little pressure in that tire. I added beadlocks to my list of stuff to add. I found a guy that sells the whole set for $160 (Including bolts) Installed $300
DSC00876.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

These are of Mutiny Ridge. It's steeper than it looks. Skip has the house recovery fee at $200. lol
DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

These are of TNT:
Dad
DSC00867.jpg

Me
DSC00871.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

This will kinda give you an idea of how steep Mutiny Ridge is. It wasn't that hard just all about the line you pick.
CIMG2165.jpg

Abandoned vehicle at the top of Shipwreck. :)
CIMG2159.jpg

We were waiting on Dad to get back with the jack... lol
CIMG2131.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

It's not far from you guys. I've been trying to get a bunch of people down here forever! Everyone thinks it's a muddy mess and there's nothing here to do...

It's not far from you guys. I've been trying to get a bunch of people down here forever! Everyone thinks it's a muddy mess and there's nothing here to do...

It is when it rains. I have not been yet and don't know if I will go anytime soon. I'd rather drive to URE and trail ride then hit a few obsticls and spend all day on them. If I go for an overnight trip I'd rather hit up CAllantee or Harlan. Callantee being the realsitic destination for anyone in SC. JMHO. Right now I have to find this damn electrical draw.

It is when it rains. I have not been yet and don't know if I will go anytime soon. I'd rather drive to URE and trail ride then hit a few obsticls and spend all day on them. If I go for an overnight trip I'd rather hit up CAllantee or Harlan. Callantee being the realsitic destination for anyone in SC. JMHO. Right now I have to find this damn electrical draw.

The only one of those places I've been to is URE. You're right, it can get sort of messy when it rains.

This is the second good look at Gulches, I'm getting very convinced to head down there.

This is the second good look at Gulches, I'm getting very convinced to head down there.

I guess another NAXJA run is in order some time in the future. Once URE closes it will be more appealing. If I can get some stuff straight that is. LOL!

Back