NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > SoCal Fest 2011
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Fest 2011 May 20-22, 2011 at Serrano Campground, Big Bear, CA

Old May 25th, 2011, 15:33
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Thanks thread

Darky, She says you are very welcome
Old May 25th, 2011, 18:55
I overtighten $#!t

I wanna' say thanx again to Mike (Grimm) for coming over and helping me bleed my brakes just days before the run, ended up not being an easy task. Thanx to the cooks for some excellent food, the trail leaders and back ups that stepped up. The leaders (yes you Josh) and organizers that put together great prizes and put such a great effort into the preservation of our trails. I wish I coulda' made the adopt a trail run but got up a little too late to pack everything and be ready, my fault due to certain beverages the night before . And I agree with Mike about the language. Had my little ones been there I woulda' been concerned and even said something about it, but they weren't. And as a result and me being an official hypocrite in my liquored state, I had the mouth of a tow truck driver all weekend and wish to apologize for it. I need to remember these are family events and even if my lil midgets aren't there I have to be cool. But all in all it was an awesome weekend, my GF and i really needed a break from the weekly bump & grind of the city. thanx again to all.
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:22
NAXJA Member

Thanks ALL for another wicked fun event. Thanks Paul for the German Brandy – that went really well. No really though, that was some good stuff. I was already on day number two of party fever, I should have known better.

Thanks to Grimmy for cleaning up the site in the morning – that was representing, man. Very, very much appreciated.

Thanks to Ted for finally getting his rig on something – well, something.

Really, there are a billion thanks owed, but thanks to for making it possible.

I also agree about the language around the raffle, but what are ya gonna do? It was more than a few folks, and like Mike said, I’m sure I said my share of oopsies. I had never heard it as bad as this year, I’m sure it was a one-off deal.

I didn’t catch up with JohnX this year, but not for lack of trying. I asked everyone and their dogs where he was, lol. Next time, buddy!

Black Sheep Crew Member
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:15
Sarge <3 Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwerly View Post
I didn’t catch up with JohnX this year, but not for lack of trying. I asked everyone and their dogs where he was, lol. Next time, buddy!
We were having smores with robertk most of the night

So my thanks goes to robert and his wife laurali for hosting a nice evening around the fire, and to her especially for stuffed peppers and doing almost all the cooking for me
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:28
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnX View Post
We were having smores with robertk most of the night

So my thanks goes to robert and his wife laurali for hosting a nice evening around the fire, and to her especially for stuffed peppers and doing almost all the cooking for me
Those were Smores? I think the mellos were for throwing and sitting on, as in the morning there were all over camp and in the seat of ever chair lol....

She is a take over type cook. How else would I have gained 40 lbs after marrying her haha..

We offered the trailer bunks to a few that never showed up. But maybe it was for the good. As the propane ran out about 3am and it got down to 48-50deg by morning. Not horrible but also not the 66-68deg I like. mixed with 3 and 6yo boys waking up at 7am, might have not been such a great deal to most.
All your drivetrain And Jeep needs at a Discount! Call us for all your drivetrain & Jeep accessorry needs. If it is for a Jeep we can get it for less and with superior service. Yukon, USA Standard, Motive, Ten factory, Detroit, ARB, Teraflex, Rock Krawler & A LOT MORE..
All items ship FAST! ~ http://www.rwkhaussupply.com ~ Robert@RWKHausSupply.com Free shipping on Rock Krawler kits. Dana 30 no question asked 1yr warranty axle kits FOR LESS!
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:39
NAXJA Member # 1474

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTK View Post

We offered the trailer bunks to a few that never showed up. But maybe it was for the good. As the propane ran out about 3am and it got down to 48-50deg by morning. Not horrible but also not the 66-68deg I like. mixed with 3 and 6yo boys waking up at 7am, might have not been such a great deal to most.
Thanks for offering up a bunk Robert. I never made it around since I stayed up so late helping John Then I just got too tired to even walk over to your camper. The sleeping bag kept me warm though
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:50
Sarge <3 Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade311 View Post
Thanks for offering up a bunk Robert. I never made it around since I stayed up so late helping John Then I just got too tired to even walk over to your camper. The sleeping bag kept me warm though
Good thing for you I lost 60 lbs Thanks.
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:52
NAXJA Forum User

robert, next time just ask man, I had extra propane
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:30
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnX View Post
Good thing for you I lost 60 lbs Thanks.
I thought you were looking especially svelte.

The screaming, cursing, and one-ups-manship at the raffle was a bit much. But I stuck around to see if I would win something. I didn't. Took off as soon as it was over to do a night GM run, and get back to the peace and quiet that us old farts prefer.
Old May 30th, 2011, 20:48
Yes, it's MY Jeep =)

My thanks to all that did the behind the scenes work, those who came out to play and/or participate, and/or those who were there to provide in-flight entertainment =).

My special thanks to Karen for volunteering to wash the excrement off my dog (he found a lovely fragrant pile to roll in on Friday's run) so that I could sort & give out Event Schwag on Friday eve to those that were there. Oh, and for Karen allowing herself to be volunteered to be the Dinner Line lady.

Oh, and to the other folks that came up to offer to help during the Saturday Feeding Frenzy, whether I allowed you to help or not!!

I had a blast all weekend, even while doing my "Gimme your money!" stuff. I just wish SoCalFest 2012 wasn't so far away!!