• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's that time again!

Definitely make the time to come. Last year the easy group I was with had a couple in a bone stock XJ that they drove from New Jersey and rode the trails with us. I made a 5 hour drive up the mountain from NC last year for my first crawl. Best time I've ever had on 4 wheels!!!

We drove up to the Helipad last year, absolutely breathtaking view. You live in beautiful country my friend!

If you take a right turn on 215 as you enter Evarts, it will take you through Kenvir, and up on the side of the ridge opposite of Black Mtn. to the south that borders Virginia at the top. I used to guard the mine that lays directly across that ridge on the Virginia side. I can also see that ridge from my home.

I used to have a blast patrolling the mine roads through the mountain. Steep muddy dozer paths, rocky paths through the woods, lots of places with deep mud that I would go through just for fun. And there was the main road that the coal trucks used that would take you across the ridge. I would roll up on turkey, deer, wild horses, bears, you name it, all the time. We used a Tracker for patrol and it was a beast with a 5 speed, the inline 6, and mud tires. I never once got the thing stuck.

I'm thinking Black Mtn. will have a lot of similar trails/terrain and I'm really looking forward to it. As long as the pizza business doesn't kill my XJ first, I will do my best to attend.

You live in a beautiful place as well. I've never been over your way but I have taken 26 all the way through. North Carolina is what I would consider to be the next best thing to home.

We have it marked down.......You guys talked us into it at WF.

Ram" First crawl for us" Rod

I'm also debating it... my usual co pilot is busy that weekend. Maybe I can get Jake from Wisconsin to go lol

Back