• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 abondoned dogs, VERY sweet, to a good home.

PhunkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
We found 2 dogs dumped in St. Mary's cemetary over the weekend and took them in, both female. Neither had collar/tags or chips in them. They were extremely dehydrated and hungry and were very approachable. They warmed up to me and my boyfriend right away. We also think they were abused.

We took them to the vet to have them checked out, and both are very healthy with no problems found by a simple examination. The vet recommends we take them to our regular vet for shots and further tests in a few days.

One is a west highland white terrier, the vet thinks she is aprox. 2-3 years old, she is not spayed. She's small, maybe 13-15lbs with a white furry coat. Someone shaved her weird, too. Maybe she got something stuck in her fur, but they shaved her head, chest, belly and front legs and the rest of her hair is much longer. So she looks kinda goofy.

The other is a pit bull-terrier mix, aprox. 1-2 years old, she is spayed. She is probably 40lbs and stands about 18" from the ground. She has short black hair with a white patch on her neck, her belly and her feet. She also has a tiny little scar above her nose.

BOTH dogs are very sweet and well behaved, house broken and obidient.

The westie is energetic and loves affection, she will probably find a good home very fast. Westies are GREAT dogs, we actually have one of our own.

The pit bull-terrier isn't as energetic as the little westie, she's pretty mellow and affectionate. I didn't even hear her bark until the morning after we took her in and she needed to go outside. She was awesome when we gave her a bath with the garden hose outside, very cooperative.

Both dogs are great together, I assume they came from the same house. And when we were at the vet they were very cool with the other dog that was in there also.

I REALLY wish we could keep them both, but 3 dogs is too much for us.

We are going to wait a week or so to give them to a good home, just in case they ran away and their family is looking for them.

If you are interested, PM me your email address and I will send you pics.

Yummy....

City Pork!

Seriously tho...

I'll ask around and see if any of the clients at work are looking for a "replacement"...

Did the vet you visted scan them for an avid chip?

Seems odd that they cared enough to spay one of them but not enough to spend $10-$30 for a microchip...

Send me pics back channel and I'll post them at work...

Good deed Paula...

I quit picking up strays when I got married!

Last edited:
our pups are going home!!

I contacted our city's animal control warden today to see if someone lost their dogs, and he hadn't heard any reports but said he would check the lost pet list at Animal Welfare when he stopped today. Sure enough a lady was searching for her westie and pit bull. It makes me kinda mad because when I called the same place, the girl told me she had too many pets on the list to look through it, and that I had to bring the dogs in and surrender them in order for them to find the owners.

Anyways, I just got off the phone with the dog's owner and she was so happy and crying, she is going right now to pick them up from our house.
Her 2 little boys were so upset their dogs were gone.

I'm happy they have a real home, the westie's haircut is goofy because the woman's husband was giving the dog a shave for the hot weather and the clippers crapped out half way through. She said she even called all the groomer's in the area to keep an eye out for someone bringing in a butchered westie.

I'm SO happy, we were really struggling with the idea of turning them over to a shelter and having no control over their well being.

Happy ending!

Nothing better than having good karma happening....

And they all lived happily ever after.

PhunkadelicXJ said:
for sure, now I just have to drop the $125 vet bill off to these people and hopefully they reimburse me.

Ah, good luck. You gave back the dogs already?

Back