• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 4CYL XJ or MJ

johnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a 4cyl cherokee or commanche, i prefer it stock. I would rather have a 5spd, but i am open to options. Has anybody seen any deals around? Thanks

i already contacted that guy actually. he said it will probably need a tow because of the clutch. i am still looking into it though. thanks for the find

Ok, so call me a short bus rider but why would you want a 4cyl?

Because the Iron Duke is the shiznet! I love them.

willy51 said:
Ok, so call me a short bus rider but why would you want a 4cyl?

ap_gas_price1_070521_ms.jpg

:D

Just as an observation, I had a TJ with the 4cyl on stock tires and it got schite for gas milage. My XJ with 32's and the 4.0 gets much better milage because the larger motor doesnt have to work as hard. I had to flog the bloody hell out of that motor just to get it out of its own tracks. I think 12mpg was about the best i ever got. Ask Cal about this one.

willy51 said:
Just as an observation, I had a TJ with the 4cyl on stock tires and it got schite for gas milage. My XJ with 32's and the 4.0 gets much better milage . . .

Agreed. But, the TJ weighs almost 1000 lbs. more than an XJ, no wonder the 4 cyl. had to work so hard.

I don't know if my 1996, 4 cyl., 5 speed, 2 w.d. with factory 4.11's and PowerTrax, gets much better mileage ( around town??, trip 20~24) than my wife's 1989 optioned up 6 cyl., auto, 4 w.d., but it is so much more FUN TO DRIVE and only weighs 3000 lbs.

Mike

Back