• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated seats on '01 Limited Not working

JW 4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, and came up w/ the heated seats thread that has a lot of good info, but here is the issue I am having:

'01 XJ Limited 4x4, 4.0L, auto

Press the heated seats switch, nothing: no orange light blinking, nothing. The green backlighting does work, however. But no heat, no orange light, nothing. For either seat. Where do I start looking? Looked @ fuse 18 in the kick panel fuse box, it's good (it's a 10amp mini). I understand there is a relay and circuit breaker, where are these found?

Problem 2: cruise control, everything on the CC works fine except for the acceleration button. It will not accelerate when you press this button.

Thanks for helping

Probably one of the easiest/cheapest things to do in either case is remove, disassemble, inspect and clean the related switches.

The circuit breaker is the right one the left of all the fuses. The other one is for the power seats, and you can swap to see if you have a bad one. You'll have to remove the kick pannel to get to them. It's a good chance thats your problem Also FYI the seats will not operate above about 90*.

scoobyxj said:
Also FYI the seats will not operate above about 90*.

Are you sure? Mine were working in 115degF heat last week in the desert - my passenger thought it would be a giggle to flip them on while we were driving back with non-functional A/C.

casm said:
Are you sure? Mine were working in 115degF heat last week in the desert - my passenger thought it would be a giggle to flip them on while we were driving back with non-functional A/C.

Ouch!!

That is kinda funny though.. hehe

I wish I had heated seats.. My poor 99 sport.

scoobyxj said:
The circuit breaker is the right one the left of all the fuses.

Right on the left? The right one on the left? Sorry but Ive re-read it several times and maybe I should grab another beer :)

JW 4x4 said:
Right on the left? The right one on the left? Sorry but Ive re-read it several times and maybe I should grab another beer :)

Either way, I swapped all of them around and no-go. What else to check?

Back