• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeler Lake

I personally hate that trail! Here is the story. My buddy and I went up there with a couple other guys! One had a Tacoma with a 3" lift and the other a 4 Runner with a 2" lift. Any way we get to the end of the trail to the final long a$$ rock climb. Me and the 4 Runner park to go up in the other cars. I didnt go up cause I crushed my SS and was all binded up and the 4 Runner was just a pu$$y. My buddy goes up with his jeep and the tacoma fallows. Beknowends to the 4 Runner when he parked he got hung up on a huge rock. He does not relize it untill me and buddy are already halfway back down the trail! We stop and are wondering where the hell the toyotas are. We go back up get him unstuck and are turning around and my buddys tierod decides it wants to shadder into pieces! After a bunch of cursing and trying to hold it together with tow and ratchet straps we get mabey 100ft down and give up!! We leave his jeep up there a couple of nights and go back up with a new tie rod at 2 in the mornin and fix it what a long a$$ Day!!

Are you gonna be willing to put a crap-load of "Colorado pinstriping" on that JK of yours JohnJohn? Wheeler Lake has the majority of it's trail densly lined with scrub oak like brush - it get's pretty narrow.......

This pic gives kind of an idea, but there's spots where it's quite a bit tighter.

water_crossing.jpg

It's generally better if you run it early in the year before the brush really fills in. :thumbup:

Are you gonna be willing to put a crap-load of "Colorado pinstriping" on that JK of yours JohnJohn? Wheeler Lake has the majority of it's trail densly lined with scrub oak like brush - it get's pretty narrow.......

This pic gives kind of an idea, but there's spots where it's quite a bit tighter.

water_crossing.jpg

It's generally better if you run it early in the year before the brush really fills in. :thumbup:

Jenny Creek is much worse...and she was there last year.

RSO is making this run the 21st of October. Anyone want to join in is welcome!!

I don't know what it is about that trail, it's not that tough of a trail, but I broke two out of the three times I ran that trail.

I broke my steering box on my truck and broke one of my high steer arms on the Jeep.

Back