View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2008, 07:44
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Very Sad News Today....

Hello,
I'm sending this to you because you are a friend of Lion (Kent Nelson).
With a heavy heart I sadly report that Lion passed away last week in his sleep of an apparent heart attack. He lived a great life, and will be sorely missed by his many friends. Lion danced to the beat of his own drummer, and as someone pointed out to me yesterday; Some people leave this world with their music still inside them, but not the Lion! He was a real individual character.

There will be a memorial service for Lion on Saturday 3/15/08 at 2pm. We hope you can attend. Please spread the word to others that need to know.
All of Lion's friends are welcome & invited, so pass the word. PLEASE RSVP to montego2@RoughWheelers.com with your name(s) & how many attending so we can try to get the correct amount of food. We need to know ASAP, (like Monday would be great).

Please plan to attend. Lion would enjoy knowing that all his friends got together for a party in his honor and memory. Friends meant the world to Lion. And I can almost guarantee that you will meet some fun & interesting people.

When: 2pm Saturday March 15, 2008. (also see event #2 below)

Where: Las Brisas Mexican Restaurant
(huge party room & patio with a view is downstairs)

1969 Artesia Blvd (at Green)
Redondo Beach, CA 90278

This is just a 3 or 4 miles south of LAX airport.

Google Map:
<http://tinyurl.com/3yhqau>

We have the room for as much as 5 hours, so plan to arrive at 2pm and stay if you can. If you have Lion photos or memorabilia to display, a Lion story, some words to say, an especially Lion-ishly written message, or anything to share, please bring it. I don't know if we will have a way to play it, but if you have some music that Lion liked, please feel free to bring the cd. Participation is encouraged. You may of course take your items back with you when you leave.

Dress casually. If you want to wear short pants and a red shirt that's perfectly ok. So are Hawaiian shirts. Or formal wear. Whatever you feel is appropriate.

LION EVENT NUMBER TWO:
There will also be another Lion Memorial gathering. In the near future we will be doing a 4x4 desert trip and ashes will be scattered. The wildflowers are really great this year! If you want to be included in this, tell Montego2@Roughwheelers.com to include you in the 4x4 Lion memorial announcement. This event date is TBD, but will be not be before 3/20/08. It will be a weekend trip.

Lion Memorial website:
http://www.roughwheelers.com/pix/v/lion/

Hope to see you soon (and Please RSVP)
Montego
310-722-2966