• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB - Need a 8 1/4 29 Spline drum to drum

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
I'm new to this game, having picked up the XJ last November. I live in upstate NY, but the Heep lives in Death Valley. It is currently my son's daily driver, as he is working in DV this summer.

Last week, the rear axle, that we had professionally rebuilt in April, appeared to lose an inner pinion bearing. I am somewhat concerned that we have a bent axle, in that when it was rebuilt (ring gear bolts sheared off), that pinion bearing was also damaged. It may be fine, but with me being remote, I don't want to take a chance on this rebuild.

I am in line for an axle from Elias, but haven't heard if I am getting it or not.

In an ideal world, I like to find a 29 spline unit with 4.56 in it. I've got a rebuilt ARB unit to go in it, so I don't need it locked. If necessary, I've also got a serviceable 4.56 gear set (the one that the ring gear bolts sheared on). But I would like a complete axle, drum to drum, so I can rebuild it and just do a complete swap for the one that is under the Heep now.

I can make arrangements for picking this up in the LA basin.

David Bricker / SYR

I will have a 8.25 with 4.56 and arb that will be for sale in a week or less, im going to try and have it off by this weekend.

Deal concluded - I have an axle sitting in the driveway.

David Bricker / SYR

Back