• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Refurbishing a Wrangler (TJ Frame replacement)

>....I wish I took more about where the mounts were before I cut them off.

I meant to say, I felt the same way. It would have been so easy to have made some kind of template out of paper, cardboard, or some rubbery gasket material I had laying around. Maybe next time.....

Well, I just discovered a problem.

My trans mount actually lines up with the 4 big oval holes, not the 4 nice slots on the raised section of the skid plate like I thought.

Someone in another group sent me a picture of his (Picture #1) which also hits in those big oval holes but has some kind of adaptor plate held in by the little carriage bolts I've circled in the picture. Picture #2 shows mine hitting those big oval holes and it shows the little squares where the carriage bolts go to mount this adaptor. Picture #3 shows one of your pictures in this thread that seems to show this adaptor from the top side (I think it was your old skid plate). So I guess you had the same setup as mine.

My old skid plate must have had one and I threw it away with the skid plate one day when I was really having a problem with too much stuff in my garage. I can't believe I did that. Another lesson learned the hard way!

The last picture (with no number) shows how nicely everything else fits together and where the mount ends up.

Now I just need to figure out what this adaptor thing is called and where I can get one.

Skid%201%20new.jpg

my%20skid%202.jpg

3.jpg

full%204.jpg

Ok, found out what part I need. Just need to find one. I see one on ebay for 90 something, but a friend says he might have one. It's part number 7 in the attached.

ForumRunner_20160612_003115.jpg

ForumRunner_20160612_003230.jpg

Back