• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Queensland Heeler Stray

connor0770

NAXJA Forum User
So my friend had a stray dog spend the night on her porch last night in the snow. She can't keep him since she has two dogs already. I want him but here's my dilemma. My condo doesn't have a backyard
-but he apparently is very calm and it will make my lazy butt get off the couch and go outside more. But I do have school during the week as well as a job.
Second problem. My contract says no pets. He is already potty trained and well behaved.. Do I keep it on the DL? Or call my landlord and tell him I found a stray and would hate to see him go back into the freezing cold.

What would you guys do in this situation. He is 4-5 years old and very well behaved. Only reason I'm considering him is cause he is a small-medium sized dog so my condo is actually practical compared to a lab or big dog...

I need your suggestions!

-Connor

4709665e-6721-f4f5.jpg

Call your landlord first.
I am bat-poop-crazy in love with dogs. I feel you - it would hurt to turn a stray out. Looks like a sweet dog.
Just the same, yuo don't want to potentially compromise your living situation by having a dog on the DL. You can get evicted for that sort of thing. Tougher in CA, but still.
Put up a Craigslist add and call your landlord about the dog. Worst case - find him / her a good home. Best case - You have a new dog!

Yup im gonna call him today. Im gonna really exaggerate to make this situation sound worse. I would love a dog and it would be great to have a wheeling buddy this summer (since my girl situation hasn't been the best recently lol...)

Since this is my first time having a dog.. anybody got any tips?
Things he needs:
food, food bowls, toys, a bed, a collar, and leash... what else?

Call your landlord first.
I am bat-poop-crazy in love with dogs. I feel you - it would hurt to turn a stray out. Looks like a sweet dog.
Just the same, yuo don't want to potentially compromise your living situation by having a dog on the DL. You can get evicted for that sort of thing. Tougher in CA, but still.
Put up a Craigslist add and call your landlord about the dog. Worst case - find him / her a good home. Best case - You have a new dog!

X2. That would make an awesome wheelin dog but make sure you keep a roof over your head first! Good Luck

She took it to the Vet and he doesn't have a chip. The vet said his stools look good and he looks healthy (a tad underweight).

I'm callin the landlord today. We will see what he says.. Any dog owning tips? Special things to get?

Yup im gonna call him today. Im gonna really exaggerate to make this situation sound worse. I would love a dog and it would be great to have a wheeling buddy this summer (since my girl situation hasn't been the best recently lol...)

Since this is my first time having a dog.. anybody got any tips?
Things he needs:
food, food bowls, toys, a bed, a collar, and leash... what else?
Flea and tick prevention medicine, Rabies shots, Nueter/spay, a brush(fair warning Queensland heelers shed a ton of hair)

That'd be a great wheeling buddy. I frequently wish i still had my old lab/rott mix wheeling with me over half the pansy ass screaming chicas i've tried to bring.
I'd try and keep him, definitely get things straight with the property management first.

Sucks for you, good for the owner. I've had my dogs split on me a couple times and it's no bueno.

dogs really need a yard though, its so nice just to dump em out back when its wee wee time or time to leave and carry on with life knowing they should be there when you get home. locking em in the house all day just makes all of your stuff smell like dog.

Back