• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts train from Thousand Oaks to cleghorn area?

desertjr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys anyone going to the toy run possibly that can bring up a 242 transfer case? It's located in Thousand Oaks, myself in Phelan. Was hoping maybe someone's got some room and is going to the toy run & could get it from Thousand Oaks to cleg.

Sorry, that one's just a little out of my way...

BUT...

My son will be coming down the 101 from Santa Barbara late next Thursday 12/13 (he's in college, so "late" could be 5pm to 3am, who knows), and might be persuaded to pick it up (in a bag or box--his CR-V's pretty clean).

Then we'll all be going thru Redlands and up to Fresno on the 21st (yay fun), and could probably rendezvous en route.

So... if you don't find another route, and can wait--text me, and I'll hit up my son & see what I can work out.

This going from thousand oaks to me in phelan. But I can meet around Cleg area until I get my master/booster setup, even at that I hate coming down the pass in the damn thing currently.. As always I can cover gas if its out of the way & you don't mind, favorite beverage of choice is also another form of payment:)
And ya I can make sure its all wrapped up for whoever. No rush, just wanna swap in a 242 for my 231 since I want & semi-need the 4wd full time. Will have my 231 with a fat chain upgrade for sale soon:)
And Carol thank you for being so helpful. More than once at that! Steve will have those other parts for 1990JEEPXJ.

I'm checking w/my son to see what his travel agenda is. He, being a 21yo college student, will accept either gas money or beer as payment, I'm sure =).

He says "really late, maybe Friday". Is it able to be left outside somewhere safe for him to pick up?

Text sent.

Cool, I'll see which address is easier for him to pick up at... he comes straight down the 101 from Santa Barbara, at a high rate of speed. Actually, wherever is closest, easiest, and safest will work for both of us...

Awsome I can meet anywhere up the hill. I prefer to not go down it yet until I get my brake booster done...been kinda putting it off cause I've never bent or flared brake lines but I'm off all next week & am hoping to knock it out then.

Saki if possible can we hook and see about getting the case dropped to you next week sometime? Carols got it currently & will be going to Fresno next week sometime..hopefully passing right by Azusa. Hoping I can have it dropped to you and you can get it to me?
Beer or gas avialiable of course:)

I know I'm late to this party, but maybe I can help.

We will be passing through Thousand Oaks on our way to the desert early next week and can swing by Phelan.

I'm out for the rest of the day but will check this thread tonight and tomorrow.

T-case is already in San Diego... I'm heading to Fresno area (yay) by way of Redlands area on Friday, looking for best way to get it to the Phelan area.

Haven't plotted the route north yet, so we'll see.

Sorry, we won't be going from Redlands to Phelan.

Just bumping this up cause Fridays getting closer. Carol if worst comes to worst I can borrow my girls family's car and meet you somewhere along the path. Hoping I can gt this up here this weekend!

Yeah, it'd be nice not to haul it to Fresno & back, though that's always an option! We'll figure it out =)

Back