• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Forum / Introduction

snowonweb

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I am new to forum. don't see introduction thread so off topic it is.
I just purchased 92 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4-door with some issues that I am hoping to address soon. The price was right $600 and I was hoping to turn around and sell it for $1600 but..
first... gas tank was leaking and no person will buy a car that has a leaking gas tank (smells of gas). I am in process of putting up new fuel tank.
second.. Engine smokes a lot, leaks a lot of oil on passenger side, there is foam in oil and oil in coolant so Head Gasket is my next projects together with new radiator, APN exhaust header. oil filter adapter o-rings and possibly timing chain (still have to order one, radiator and headers already ordered).
Some other issues I will be addressing soon are climate control and radio wiring and body work..
This all reminds me when I purchased a $1000 dollar Mercedes 300. I put over $3000 in parts into it and ended up selling it for $700 on Ebay. One thing Jeep has going for it is availability and low prices of parts.
I have been reading alot about my Jeep on this forums. so much information that I can't handle it. I started looking for "how to change head gasket" and ended up 'almost' ordering Rubicon Express lift kit.
Summary. My name is Jack and I have 92 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4-door with many problems but none I can't handle except ticking sound (pushrods? valves?). I have never taken valves apart and this is going to be my first head gasket replacement job. I am technically savvy. I can read blue prints. wire diagrams, and for my experience I have done two valve cover gaskets (chevy van and mazda 626), numerous brake jobs and oil changes.

Thank You for your time.
jack

Back