• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAPA Tube header

Thats yer stock header chief. Its got little bendy things which more than likely flow worse than stock. Theyre all over ebay for like 80 bucks. Check auto parts network for a cheaper banks style header.

I've had mine on for a little over a year and a half and its still as solid as can be. I have had zero problems and I have to say its not a bad product for $120.

higher flowing header
=======================
If you really want to gain some HP then you need some TUNED or long tub headers. Then pitch the rest of the poop pipes.
Any cat and muffler behind tuned header render them useless. Except for bragging rights. Better/cheaper to go with stock or header like above if you run with a cat and choker (muffler).
Tune the EFI to work with the headers and mild cam you also installed and you may see 220 REAL HP. But if the engine has 200K on it don't bet on it. Don't let the low HP numbers fool you. She will still have a flat strong torque curve that you can pull a train with or raise hell with mustangs. WITH street gears and tires.

Last edited:
Can't find one for a 1990 XJ...tired of my cracked manifold and the tick...

Can't find one for a 1990 XJ...tired of my cracked manifold and the tick...

Latter ones will fit. The difference is that 87-90 Renix headers have a threaded boss for the EGR by-pass tube. So if you don't have smog check in your state, it shouldn't be a problem. I think Pace Setter sell a Renix header. Also, Clifford might have the boss welded on, but the wall of the header will need to be drilled out.
Tom

I've got one of these, no complaints so far (couple of months of daily use at this stage, along with replacing all of the factory exhaust with walker/dynomax stuff.) Nothing earth shattering, but the heep does seem to have more pep.

http://www.automotivepartsnetwork.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=20009

The link doesn't work anymore, is this the same product?

http://www.ineedparts.com/auto-part...st-manifolds/jeep-exhaust-manifold-15343.html

They mention that "1999 Models may require altering the #6 tube or intake manifold for clearance"

I have a 99. Does anyone knows what it takes to alter the tube or the manifold for 99's? Does it need altering if you have an automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance

I have a 99. Does anyone knows what it takes to alter the tube or the manifold for 99's? Does it need altering if you have an automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance

The intake runner hits the header in the back. It makes it so that the intake manifold cannot properly seal to the gasket. I just grinded some of the intake runner material away and it fit ok.

The link doesn't work anymore, is this the same product?

http://www.ineedparts.com/auto-part...st-manifolds/jeep-exhaust-manifold-15343.html

They mention that "1999 Models may require altering the #6 tube or intake manifold for clearance"

Thanks in advance

Yeah, same one. There's a writeup on here on exactly how to do it. I'll post the link as soon as I can find it. The intake mani and header make contact on the #6 runner. You can smash the header tube, grind the intake mani, or do a little of both. It's pretty easy and straight forward. Transmission makes no difference.

Back