• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Michigan's UP

All these places accessible with a stocker? Idk if I can get my xj here anytime soon but when I visit my dad we can take his wk.

I think you'll be ok unless theres been alot of rain. I'v seen pics of slick mud and some water on the unpaved stuff.

Deb & I spent a day at Tahquamenon Falls last week, along with a visit to the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point (yes, this was all non-wheeling.) Much to my surprise, Tahquamenon Falls Brewing at the Upper Falls park (recreation pass required,) was quite enjoyable.

Im also interested in taking a trip up to the UP sometime in the fall or next spring. I had an aunt that went to school there at Michigan Tech a while back and the fall season up there is worth seeing. Depending on which way you head up there you should stop thru Rose City and Mio it's right on your way toward the machinaw bridge. Ive been going wheel all thru there since I was a little kid and theres some nice trails thru out the woods. Plus in Mio they just built a new Offroad park there last year and just recently finished it. It's I75 to x202 and all down M33( the main road thru there) they have trails you can stop at. Either way the northern part of Michigan is always a place to see during the fall. Enjoy the trip.

Ya'll set a date for this shindig yet?

No. Looks like i'll be going to NH White Mountains instead with the family.

If i havent made it beforehand, i'd like to try and hit it on the way back from Fall Fling next year.

Okay. Looks like I'm gonna be rather busy for the fall anyway.

Back