• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

maui wheeling

FG Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
hey i'm on maui right now and have a np231 equipped tj with 31's on it and was wondering were some good light wheeling was to see some nice sights.

Head South of Wailea, the road turns into a single track dirt road and goes through some pretty cool lava flows. There are also some good places to go snorkling/diving along the way. Make sure to go to Mama's Fish House in Paia before you leave.

sounds good i'm looking at the map right now and see were you are talking about in wailea so we plan to go check that out. we also are going to go up by lipoa point to as some of the locals have told us there is some decent stuff up there too.

Is the shift linkage still there? I've heard that they like to remove that so you don't have 4wd. I'm assuming this is a rental, if not never mind.

i crawled under it a little while ago and the linkage is still hooked up. i then tested it and crawled over some little obstacles right by our hotel. So its good to go. i'm not planing to go crazy and try and crawl up some crazy ravine or something. Just going to do a little light stuff. thanks for the tip of checking it out though. it would of sucked if i got stuck because of that.

went and checked out south or wailea and found the road you were talking about. however its locked up tight as fort knox. big fence and a gate with two really heavy pad locks on it. all around it was loose rocks some guy with a lifted toyota tried to go around and got stuck pretty bad. it took my tj and another toyota there to get him out because all the rocks kept sliding in as the truck moved any direction.

guess it wasn't a total loss of the afternoon.

Back