• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED / Light Wiring Harnesses

This may be a dumb question, but could these handle say Lightforce 140 driving lights? They have 75 watt bulbs.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A pair of 75w bulbs draws maybe 12.5A. That's less than half the capacity of the fuse and less than 1/3 the capacity of the relay. It will handle the load just fine.

I wouldn't run four 75w bulbs. But 2 would be more than fine.

A pair of 75w bulbs draws maybe 12.5A. That's less than half the capacity of the fuse and less than 1/3 the capacity of the relay. It will handle the load just fine.

This is true, hadn't had my morning coffee yet. Usually I'm less worried about the fuse and relay, and more worried about the size of the wire being sufficient, especially in a thermally radiant area.

I just pulled mine out of the bag and looked at it:

The load side conductor(s) are 6-1/2 feet of #18 AWG, with the lights hooked in parallel. The clincher is that there is only one #18 conductor coming out of the relay. At best, the load bearing conductors should be protected to 15 Amps.

Insulation is rated to 105* C.

Depending which chart you Google, you "should" be OK.

All that aside, it is a nice set.

This is true, hadn't had my morning coffee yet. Usually I'm less worried about the fuse and relay, and more worried about the size of the wire being sufficient, especially in a thermally radiant area.

I just pulled mine out of the bag and looked at it:

The load side conductor(s) are 6-1/2 feet of #18 AWG, with the lights hooked in parallel. The clincher is that there is only one #18 conductor coming out of the relay. At best, the load bearing conductors should be protected to 15 Amps.

Insulation is rated to 105* C.

Depending which chart you Google, you "should" be OK.

All that aside, it is a nice set.

Still might be worth it. Just throw some heavier gauge wire on the load side conductors (#16 or #14 depending on length) and you should be good. You could also do separate wires for each light to the relay with each running #18 and just upgrade the battery side load wire.

It wouldn't take much to adapt the harness to safely run a pair of 75W (~12.5A) or even 100W(~17A) lights. The switch wires draw a trivial current. Just make sure the load side wires are up for the task over the distance. I can't see needing to go thicker than #12 AWG unless you're running the lights out to your trailer.

Found this chart here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=654220&postcount=19

Auto-Wiring-Gauge-Talbe-Sm.gif

Any more of these available?

How much for a 'flat rate box full' zip 93444

Hey, so unfortunately it looks like I had a lot less than I thought, I was 100% sure a box next to the one I had open had the same harnesses, but they're for light pods.

I'll let you know once the dust clears from Pirate4x4 order if I have any left.

My apologies!

Back