• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last Chance Evans Creek Snow Run 12/11

Just got home. Great run. Long day. Nothing but slush with ice underneath. I think alot melted off overnight. We had about 8 rigs when we started. We started on 311a, smooth sailing. Got to 311b and that's when the trouble started, nothing but ice. We had 2 rigs that had to winch the entire hill. I waited at the bottom with 98CherokeeSport for them to make it up. When I caught up to them at the top, 1 was still winching and blew a bead on a tire. That was the longest part of the day, but its all good. Most people left after that, Tim and I continued on down to the bowl, ran up 196 to 520, down 520 to the camp ground and back out the 311a. Had lots of fun, very little carnage; 2 blown beads, 1 tailpipe fell off and 1 rear u-joint I believe. Theme for the day: Tires and lots of "skinney pedal". I didn't get any pics but others did. Not sure if they will get posted here or on cherokeeforum.com

Last edited:
nice picts. thanks john. why was that scrambler sideways?

ha jon i was about to come with you guys and our jeep club but i got called into work. looks like you guys had a good time

It was definitely an interesting run. When I got there everyone was out running trails. I guess most people got there early and decided to run the 311 while they waitied for everyone else. The 311A was not bad but I was told the snow got pretty deep going up the 311B and they had a very tough time which is why they didn't make it back to the entrance to meet me. After waiting around at the entrance till almost 11:00 I decided to just go out with who was there so I headed out up the 311A with 2 other rigs, my roomate in his Cherokee, and a friend in a Samurai. From the top of the 311A we went to the lower 520. The conditions were deteriorating fast. It was snowing heavily when I got there, but warmed up fast and by the time we got to the top of the 311A it was raining. That made for a lot of deep, heavy, shushy snow with ice underneath that was very unpredictable. The Sami we were running with was fully locked, but had bald thornbirds and was struggling on most of the hills. After some pushing and pulling on the Sami and 1 blown bead on my roomate's rig we finally got to the top of the lower 520. The Sami was having such a tough time we decided to head down from there. The hills were pretty slick, but we made it down with no problems. Once at the fishbowl we ran into a few of the rigs we were supposed to meet at the beginning of the day (Joe and Tim). They were going to run a few more trails before heading out, but we decided to stay with the Sami and just head back. It was a wet sloppy, slippery day but everyone made it without flopping or breaking so I would say it was a success. Goodbye Evans Creek, see you next year.

the only pictures i got.... guess where this was....
Photo269.jpg

Photo270.jpg

Photo268.jpg

i know im not the first or last to have this exact same breakage in this exact same spot....

Back