• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got home...AWESOME TRIP!

bigjoe said:
Poomba, I found a bumper sticker for you but was unable to find your rig before we left. Next time I see you I'll give it to you.
Joe :viking:

Underachiever's need love too! I think I have that one... :cool:

logdog said:
Dude!! I gotta see those!!

I think Derek should get the "tailgunner of the year" award. He ran and got the ball joints I needed and stayed on the trail, helped me fix it, and then followed me out (at about 50 mph in the dark)

hey it was a blast and i never have made such good time goin in or out of that trail, and you can count on me heading your way for some fun.

BillR said:
As usual, the NAXJA leadership did a super job putting on the event. The trail leaders were superb (Thanks Derek and Bob), and everything in general was outstanding. I got to put faces with names of a few "characters" I've been wanting to meet in person, (Okie Terry, poomba, Danno and others) and saw some old friends, too. I had a great time! :party:
BTW, I left Slickrock around 7:15 this morning and stopped and MickeyD's on the way out with hjeepxj and his dad. A gentleman walked up and complimented us on our XJs and had some questions about NAXJA. I gave him one of the cards I picked up at the sign-in table and we chatted awhile. It was Charles Wells, the author of the trail books most of us have seen and used. He was in Moab doing some trails on an ATV for a new book he's doing. Nice guy and definately "one of us"!

hey it was great meeting new people and doin a whole lot of wheelin' and anytime your up this way let me know i'd love to go out on some runs with you.

As I've told others, those trails there in Moab are a WHOLE LOT less "puckering" if you have a good trail leader/spotter. Bob spotted us through the "Wedge" like it was a drive in the park. We had two good leaders for sure, although one of them ended up doing dual duty on Saturday.
AWESOME JOB Derek! :thumbup:

BillR said:
As I've told others, those trails there in Moab are a WHOLE LOT less "puckering" if you have a good trail leader/spotter. Bob spotted us through the "Wedge" like it was a drive in the park. We had two good leaders for sure, although one of them ended up doing dual duty on Saturday.
The Wedgie? Just put your right side tires in the wedge and go.

Oh wait, never mind. There is a reason you won the prettiest XJ award.

BillR said:

well thanks again bill, i enjoyed every minute of it and hope to do it again, it's always fun being out there doin what i enjoy. although saturday was not as much work as friday was(still sore from running up and down widowmaker).

derek

Okie Terry said:
The Wedgie? Just put your right side tires in the wedge and go.

Oh wait, never mind. There is a reason you won the prettiest XJ award.
Yeah Terry, the object is to STAY AWAY from the walls, not try to add more "character" to your ride. :doh: ;)
That was my first time on those two trails AND I have an adversion to excess body damage. Guilty as charged! :shhh:

Last edited:
BillR said:
Yeah Terry, the object is to STAY AWAY from the walls, not try to add more "character" to your ride. :doh: ;)
That was my first time on those two trails AND I have an adversion to excess body damage. Guilty as charged! :shhh:

hey it stayed pretty except for the little bit of dust on it.

Back