• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Joke Of The Day

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
I've decided I'm not supporting any candidate in the election this year. I honestly haven't decided who to cast my vote for - I had kind of an awakening recently - I have many of you to thank. I'm honestly trying to not be so radically right and trying to read both sides of things....

But anyway...I thought this was kind of interesting.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-drilling-in-protected-areas-a-hoax-2008-07-10.html

Thoughts? Remember, no matter who gets elected (McCain or Obama) - she's still 3rd in line to be POTUS. Kinda scary. I think she's as far to the left as you can get....do you REALLY think republicans are to blame for $4/gal gas prices? Come on....There is so much that is affecting that:

"Speculation"
Weak Dollar
Our dependence on foreign oil
Old ass refineries
50+ blends of gas being produced in our refineries (because every state seems to have their own "regulations" on exact formulations - this is NOT octane rating, but rather purities/impurity levels)
China, India, other crappy nations having their "industrial revolution"
Lack of alternative fuel/energy choices in this country
Fear of Global Warming
Lack of conservation on our part
Taxes

(I dont know why I titled this "Joke of the Day" - I'm being completely serious....)

Last edited:
She is a dem first and second she is from the land of liberals. What can you expect out of her. Most of the offshore drilling is among the gulf states and does not directly put money in her states coffers, thus why should she approve? They have massive smog and she says she is worried about the enviroment. BS!!!

California has oil reserves off the coast that aren't being used because it can't be accessed. Heck, I've been to a beach where thick tar or oil is oozing out of the side of a cliff and running into the ocean. Dear sweet Nancy is from the San Francisco area and in no way represents the majority of Californians. The presidents approval rating stinks, but congress under her "leadership" has an approval rating even more dismal than his.

The oil reserves under US soil are going to get tapped. Not necessarily by the US. The Gulf of Mexico is full of rigs placed there by Mexican companies and the technology to drill sideways is not new. When you put a straw in a lake you can suck most of the lake wether it is in your country or not...
I think we should regulate the hell out of it, tax them and make sure they make the place nicer when they leave than it was when they got there. That last part is the real problem as most companies are done the instant the profits stop flowing.

I saw something on TV the other day about how (I think it was in LA) they are drilling right in the middle of the city - using electric drills - and I think there was even a well or two on the campus of Beverly Hills High School...? They have the drills disguised inside "artwork" or "buildings" to keep the aesthetics pleasing to the eye. I thought that was pretty cool.

Tar pits are a great source of underlying oil and the pollution to the soil was done thousands of years ago. Drill there. Don't even need a geologist to survey that site.

JNickel101 said:
I saw something on TV the other day about how (I think it was in LA) they are drilling right in the middle of the city - using electric drills - and I think there was even a well or two on the campus of Beverly Hills High School...? They have the drills disguised inside "artwork" or "buildings" to keep the aesthetics pleasing to the eye. I thought that was pretty cool.

There are oil wells all over the place here in SoCal. It's kind of funny to be driving along and look to side of the road and see the oil pumps going up and down. I don't know the quality of the oil they're sucking out of the ground but they're getting something out of there.

Back