• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'd love to borrow a Snap-On 2500 "brick" scanner in the LA area

Royal Nonesuch

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of trying to debug my 1988 renix XJ and figure out why it's running so damned rich/failing smog. I've tried just about everything so I'm at my wits end. Do any of you guys in the Los Angeles/San Bernardino area have a Snapon MT2500 scanner, and would be willing to let me use it to have a live look at my open/close loop status? I've never used one before so if you have a spare few minutes to show me how it works that would be even more awesome.

I can pick it up/pay for shipping/drive the jeep to your house/leave a cash deposit/whatever! If you do have one and can help me out, please tell me what your favorite beer/soda/liquor/parts store/etc is so I can thank you properly.

Help me save this stupid money-pit, because I cannot bear to see it go to the junkyard :(

The resident "Jerk" is on a 2 week trek, to Nor Cal/Sierra fest. He owns an MT2500 with renix apparatus. I thought there was someone else around that did or a drb2, which reads renix info as well. OTher than that, can't help out too much.

I have a Bendix drb for renix. Not as nice as Geoff's snapon but you're welcome to use it. Am in the OC.

Fantastic, thanks guys. I got in contact with another member who has a MT2500 in LA as well, so now I just have to figure out which one haha.

Cal, wherabouts in OC are you? I was thinking of heading down that way (I'm in Pasadena) to the beach this sunday....

I'm in Fullerton. Sounds like Sideways is far more equipped to help you though, his DRB is 10x better than mine.

Back