• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front frame stiffies

cwyman6

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at putting some front frame stiffeners and there are alot of different brands. I currently have ruff stuff mid stiffeners with synergy lower control arm brackets welded to them running metal cloak jk lower control arms. Makes a decent mid arm setup while still running metal cloak xj upper arms. I know it's not perfect but works well so please don't bash me.
I see ruff stuff is now making the front stiffeners and was wondering what people think of them. I have crok inner steering box brace with dakota box but nothing on the outside. I do like how there stiffeners are in sections but they do not wrap under like the iron rocks. What do u guys think. I'll take some pics of my setup when I get home.

I would like to see the fit of the fronts. My cage ties into my no lift shackle relocation so I'm not so worried about the back. I'm more worried about spring rub while flexing.

i have HDOR stiffeners bumper to bumper.

for the front, be sure to remove the coil/shock/brake line. itll help with welding, but also fitment. there are two gentle bends you have to put into each side. its a bit of a pain... but with a work bench, some C clamps, couple pieces of wood, a sharpie, and a lot of patience, i was able to get a really good fit.

youll have to put a gentle bend or two (i cant remember) in the rear too. as well as cut them for the seat belt bracket.

Hooligans are bad ass but a little pricey. Has anybody had clearance problems between the coil and frame with stiffeners. I am running skyjacker soft ride tj 4.0in coils.

Back