• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free 89 4wd AX-15, bad input shaft & bearing

lawsoncl

NAXJA Forum User
I rebuilt this with fresh bearings, synchros, and seals about 2 years and 30k miles ago. The pilot bearing nuked itself and damaged the end of the input shaft. The input shaft has about 1/8" side-side play, so the input bearing is toast. You might be able to sleeve the end of the input shaft, but you'd need to put the shaft in a lathe and clean up the end first. I don't have the bellhousing, throwout or clutch parts anymore.

This might be a great donor for someone looking to do a 2wd to 4wd conversion as you could swap over the input shaft from the 2wd tranny, replace the input bearing, and end up with a tranny with relatively fresh bearings and synchros.

This has been sitting under my bench for 8 months since I replaced it with an AW4. I really don't want to mess with crating this up, so local pickup only. I'm in Spirit Lake, Idaho which is local to the North Idaho and Spokane areas.

Back