• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting Fenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawn Cher' said:
Dremels are for girls. ...use your jig saw with a fine tooth metal blade.

X2
If your jig saw has variable speed, med/slow worked best for me. Also set the blade so that it is stroking straight up and down, not raking forward.

With the Sawzall and a fine tooth blade (18bpi) I cut mine just fine. If you press it right onto the body you will minimize shaking and shimmying of the metal you're cutting. It will obviously scratch up the paint a lot right on your new edge, but if you plan to cover that up or paint over it no big deal.

Be careful up forward with a sawzall blade and what's behind the metal (wires and whatnot).

You might want to just consider folding your fenders. It makes your fender WAY stronger and provides a much more stock look since the corners are rounded instead of flat. If you don't fold it the cut edges will put some nice gouges in your tires when flexing :(

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back