• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here have access to Star Case info? Have a Dodge Ram issue....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
My '16 Ram Cummins 2500 is having an issue during re-gen mode with an exhaust leak, fume build up under the hood that's getting into the cab through the HVAC system.

I've found a handful of diesel forum thread posts by others having similar issues as early as '07 but particularly with the newer trucks with the 6.7 engine. Most issues seem to be involving a leak with the EGR Cooler assembly where the valve is.

Anyway, I found a youtube video by a guy who had described the EXACT issues I'm having with his truck which is a '15 or '16. In his video, he mentions having seen "soot spray" all around the surfaces near the EGR Cooler Valve and his dealership also found this to be the source of the problem. He finally got the problem solved and he provided a Star Case number from the paperwork he got after the fix from the dealership.

Star Case #5131100008

If someone could PM me with the details from this Star Case I'd GREATLY appreciate it as I'd like to have it in hand and take it to the dealership. I've had the truck in twice now for this exhaust fume issue and they can't replicate the problem even by forcing a re-gen mode on the truck and having driven it 50 miles. My truck has the early signs of this "soot spray" as well.

Thanks in advance!

No one?

YELLAHEEP-

I have dealerconnect privileges but couldn't find the star case you were looking for. More info on this case?

Back