• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country

hxcjohnny

NAXJA Forum User
I've decided to put my 96 XJ up for sale. It's a 96 country 4.0/aw4/231 with a C8.25 and hp d30. the jeep is really nice for its age. the previous owner had it painted at some point. the paint isn't perfect, but its nice and not faded. they also had the transmission rebuilt at some point before I bought it, as well as the rear end swapped out and bearings and seals replaced. I bought the jeep back in 2013 with a spun bearing with 248k on the clock. I swapped in an engine with 112k miles on it at the time. I've put 15k miles on the jeep since putting the engine in. Runs great, has cold air, everything works. I resealed the engine when i installed it. new valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, oil filter adapter seal. new water pump and thermostat. new fan clutch, aftermarket transmission cooler, new fluids in the trans and both diffs, new engine mounts, new transmission mount.

Since owning it, i've lifted it and added a few other things

3" Rusty's Coils
1.5" rear leaf shackles
Dorman HD leaf springs
Jeep JK Rubicon shocks front and rear
Rubicon Express Hack n Tap slip yoke eliminator
New oem front upper control arms
New axle side front upper control arm bushings
WJ lower control arms
New ZJ V8 Tie rod upgrade
New front rotors and Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads
all other tie rod ends are new
Moog upgraded steering stabilizer
New track bar
Front factory engine skid
99+ Intake manifold swap
Aftermarket exhaust manifold with flex joints to prevent it from cracking in the future
Has CLEAN front and rear seats from an 01 XJ
Has a nice Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth and mix tracks
Added a trailer hitch and a four flat trailer harness.
Has less than 5k miles on a set of p245/75r16 (31") Toyo Open Country AT2 on 98 5.9 zj rims.

I love this jeep and don't WANT to sell, but I' have the opportunity to get my old WJ back so I need to. I've taken this jeep camping all over the mountains in NC and VA, and have towed my popup anywhere from Boone to Hunting Island in SC without any trouble. It's a great jeep and you'd have trouble finding one as nice and clean for it's age. I'm going to ask $3,700 OBO. Located near Winston-Salem, NC. Call/text me @ 704-657-7553

IMG_7928

IMG_8168

IMG_6496

60th Anniversary wheels too. Damn pretty girl you got there.

Back