• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 MJ, 4x4, 4.0L, short bed

XJClassic

NAXJA Member #1086
This Jeep is NOT mine. I was looking at it and going to get it, but other financial obligations came up, so I thought I would help the seller out because he is not a "Jeeper" and doesn't have a computer. I can answer most of the questions if you have any.

1989 Comanche "SporTruck"
4.0L I6, 111,xxx miles
CommandTrac 4 Wheel Drive
Auto (on the column)

Dark maroon exterior with gold factory graphics (very faded roof, hood and tailgate). Some rust around the driver's rear wheel well, 4" hole in passenger side floor board, rockers are starting to rust, I don't think they are through yet. Rust on front bumper also. Has the 10 hole alloys in ok condition with Cooper A/Ts I think 215 or 225/75/15 in good condition. Has an aluminum utility cap on it and a factory bedliner. Sliding rear window.

Dark maroon interior with bench seat, manual windows and locks. Lowest plastic dash piece is cracked, the rest of the dash looks good, everything just needs a good scrubbing. Headliner held in place with thumb tacks. Factory stereo.

The motor runs good, sounds like it might have an exhaust leak somewhere though. Leaks, but nothing more than the typical 4.0.

I think he wants $1500.00, but may take alittle less. Being a PA truck, it does need inspected (expired in the summer sometime, I forget the month).

I do have several pics (ext, int, motor, underneath) and can email them if necessary.

I wanted this pretty bad, but timing is not good, oh well, there'll be another!

Back