NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 220 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2011, 17:19
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos
Re: Important

We accidentally put the pump inside the housing on a friend's 231 while doing an SYE. Fortunately had a pile of 231 parts around as spares... because all the housing ears got busted off the pump and it had to be fully disassembled again.

My trick is to simply use a flat blade screwdriver or similar implement to push the oil tube into the side of the pump.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:46
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastein View Post
We accidentally put the pump inside the housing on a friend's 231 while doing an SYE. Fortunately had a pile of 231 parts around as spares... because all the housing ears got busted off the pump and it had to be fully disassembled again.

My trick is to simply use a flat blade screwdriver or similar implement to push the oil tube into the side of the pump.
That pump tube is a bastard to get in there!
[/QUOTE]
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:51
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85xjwoody View Post
Well, filed for unemployment for the first time in my life today. Last day of work was yesterday. Hopefully we make some good money today and tomorrow on our rummage sale. LOTS OF JEEP PARTS!
1st time ever? That's pretty good! Hope your "Vacation" doesn't last too long
-Ron
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:07
NAXJA Forum User

I think Land and housing value depends on where you live and the desire to own said property/land. Though there are a lot of houses for sale up here, they are not moving as the owners can't get what they have invested (or want) out of them. A number of us in this area got new assessment this year, but only a $1K drop from last year. Still, all that means is that the mill rates will increase as munaple spending will increase. Fitchburg hired more Police, built a new Library, and modernized some infrastructure. I strongly suspect that they will ask the taxpayers to pickup the tab.

On a different subject, I went to the Great Taste of the Midwest this year (first time). An interesting event. For the non-Beer Fans here, it's a Microbrew tasting event. You are given a glass when you go in, and are able to sample (4oz or so at a time), Beers from all over the Midwest. The most interesting Beer I had was a Mango one from Delefield Brewery. There were a number of NA offerings as many Brewerys also make Root Beer.
People watching was interesting, as by 4 there were more drunk people than you could shake a stick at ;-)

-Ron
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:31
NAXJA Member

anyone have any hidden gems they know about....wanting to do a beach front cabin or cottage for our honeymoon WI or MI found a couple online that are nice. thought id check with you all
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:28
Curmudgeon

CRUD. The replacement front housing I got for my holed NV241DLD is machined differently where the shifter axle comes out of the case. The old one has a groove for an o-ring, the new one doesn't. It machined out to the depth of the o-ring, down to about where the o-ring was on the old one. It's a machined out step. Looks like I'm not finishing it today.

"Jeeps are Cherokees. All other models are wannabes." Deb. K.
Old August 14th, 2011, 13:39
NAXJA #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9YZU View Post
The most interesting Beer I had was a Mango one from Delefield Brewery.
My aunt and uncle live about 5 minutes from Delafield. I'll have to stop by on the next visit up there.
Old August 14th, 2011, 13:47
Curmudgeon

My g/f used to live in Madison, and went to GToW pretty much every year. Beer festivals are a great way to find new small breweries.

On that note, Fulton here in Minneapolis is going to start canning and/or bottling. Their Sweet Child O' Vine is probably my favorite IPA out there.

Old August 14th, 2011, 14:15
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSET View Post
anyone have any hidden gems they know about....wanting to do a beach front cabin or cottage for our honeymoon WI or MI found a couple online that are nice. thought id check with you all
Drummond Island.

Rev
Old August 14th, 2011, 18:36
NAXJA Forum User

I have a friend with a cabin up that way... I'll ask....

On another note, I potentially could pick up a '00 Explorer 8.8 with 4.10s and posi for $125... Downside is it has over 267k miles on it... what do you guys think??
Old August 14th, 2011, 18:54
NAXJA Forum User

Take a look at it. Check for play.$125 is cheap!
Old August 14th, 2011, 19:06
NAXJA Forum User

Well I don't know if I'll be able to as it would be coming from a salvage yard, I'll ask tomorrow when I call to inquire about it...

99SJ 'Found a goldmine for upgrades' Ex
Old August 14th, 2011, 20:47
NAXJA Forum User

Fishing on spread Eagle Chain of Lake's and also on a flowage of the Menominee River. Great day to be on the water in my boat and looooooong overdue. Did the catch and release today. Went through 2 doz large suckers and 3 doz leeches in 6 hours. They were hitting hot and heavy. Smallmouth Bass were averaging 16-22" panfish were between 7-10" but no walleyes though. One really nice 39" Pike. All fish were released for another day.
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:54
Curmudgeon

That explains all of the police activity this morning.

Apparently, the POTUS is making a stop in Cannon Falls this morning, holding a fund raiser, I mean town hall meeting along the river this morning. Goodhue county even has a couple of airboats waiting. Oddly enough, I did not see any signs of a Secret Service detail this morning. There are squads from at least 2 other jurisdictions as well.

Old August 15th, 2011, 06:00
Want to puff on my pipe?

Re: That explains all of the police activity this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiXJeff View Post
Apparently, the POTUS is making a stop in Cannon Falls this morning, holding a fund raiser, I mean town hall meeting along the river this morning. Goodhue county even has a couple of airboats waiting. Oddly enough, I did not see any signs of a Secret Service detail this morning. There are squads from at least 2 other jurisdictions as well.
You mean "Dear Leader"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
[RTETTY DTR I JSVR NRVER BERNN THING DRRND.