• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sprintex supercharger Kits for SALE.

Sprintex announced today that the remaining XJ kits are up for grabs for a list price of $3,150.00 There are 5 of them.

The kits are advertised as:

"We've decided to clear out our remaining inventory of Jeep XJ systems here in OKC. There are 5 up for grabs at $3,150 MSRP. Dealers, please call or write if you are interested in picking up one of these last remaining prototype systems. Kits make 7psi of boost at sea level and can make 9psi with a larger ported throttle body. Power is 275ft/lbs + 275hp total. This is the same kit in the Youtube XJ vids."

These come without a F/IC leaving that choice up to the end user. For those interested, contact the nearest Sprintex Dealer.

As some of you know, I enjoy a special relationship with Sprintex. The email I received was sent to the Dealers.

I am making 8 pounds of boost with a 54mm pulley and a 68mm TB. This equates to 9.6 pounds at sea level.

The system will not make anything over this value as the compressor will be at it's rated limit.

Mods... If this is in the incorrect place, my abject apologies.

I worked, hard, to get Sprintex to release these things.

Next battle is to get them to release the manifold that sits twixt the SC and the cylinder head as a separately purchasable part.

Ah well... One battle at a time, eh?

Where do we hit "ORDER NOOOOOOOOW"?!

Two USA dealers on their web site, but only Boostec's web site works.(Which I thought they were dropped as a Sprintex dealer.)

I found that 505 is also listed as a dealer elsewhere and sent them an email.

Last edited:
Before jumping on the "It costs too much" bandwagon, you may want to see what new Supercharger Kits go for in the real world. I can say that at the $3k price tag, it is a give away. Most companies start at $5k and then get expensive.

Forced Induction is not for the faint of heart or the tight fisted. This is high dollar stuff. To put it in perspective, Golen Engines gets $3799 (pre 2k model) to $4149 (post 2k model) for a 4.6L stroker.

Performance is about the same. But, with the SC, the engine stays in the frame. The only requirement is that the engine be healthy to begin with. Good oil pressure and limited blow by.

As to the fuel/ignition issue, Sprintex uses the seventh injector idea with this kit which was something almost everyone hated when they first released the kit (at $4k...). With judicious shopping, the entire shooting match can be done for under $4k.

Perspective gents...

Not everything can be done on the cheap. These are all new parts.

If I was not so heavily invested into my M90 project, I would gladly put in that money. Expect $450 more for an AEM FIC and new injectors, so say $3600 total. You get a brand new supercharger, a purpose-built intake manifold, and all of the mounting hardware. You get to keep your air conditioning and not put a hole in the hood. For a price comparison a professionally rebuilt M90 or M62 with a new 6 rib pulley can run somewhere around $800 -$1000, and you still have to work out the other hardware. My M90 setup is going to be in the $2500 range when complete and I'll have many hours into it, probably worth $1000 of my time. I also have to relocate almost everything in the engine compartment which the Sprintex kit does not require at all. I think that number is extremely good for what you get.

Something I failed to note. My $2500 number does not take into account a full professional rebuild of my M90, just a refresh of the outer seals and bearings. If I were to have the M90 professionally rebuilt, my total costs would easily exceed $3000. The folks that are scabbing together the M90 or M62 setups for under a grand are finding some serious deals for the component parts that most simply can't do, as well as dealing with other shortcuts that can cause issues down the road.

Again, $3k for what you get (and I've seen the entire kit installed) is a great deal.

On a side note, I am leaning on Sprintex to release the manifold that sits twixt the compressor and the head as a separate part. May not win this battle.

If I do though, it will make installing a compressor a snap for the DYI guy.

As I see it, the intake manifold is the second biggest hurdle to clear. Finding a place for the compressor is the first hurdle.

On a side note, I am leaning on Sprintex to release the manifold that sits twixt the compressor and the head as a separate part. May not win this battle.

If I do though, it will make installing a compressor a snap for the DYI guy.

As I see it, the intake manifold is the second biggest hurdle to clear. Finding a place for the compressor is the first hurdle.

The manifold is what the cost prohibitive piece in the kit. If they do not have the sales numbers to justify releasing the entire kit it would be unlikely for them to release just the manifold assembly.

One other piece that is in the kit but not highly publicized is a replacement idler pulley bracket and assembly to clear the supercharger snout. Probably not a $50 piece either.

But yes, I would personally expect the manifold to be in the $800 - $1k range.

That is a good point. What happens is that the stock stamped steel bracket that holds the tensioner pulley is removed and a cast aluminium one is installed in it's place. The pulley itself is recycled.

Even if... Even if the manifold was in the $800 range, would it be worth the cost? I think so as it is one of the issues with a home grown installation.

In terms of the biggest cost item, the compressor comes in at the top of the list.

Another BTW on the kit is that the PS reservoir has to be replace with one from a ZJ with the 5.2L.

What I found was that the right hand drive XJs use a different PS reservoir. Why? Who knows. But it is something that has to be accounted for. I pulled one form the yard as I could not quickly find a new one.

Alexia,

Welcome to the world of Forced Induction!

Now you get to make a choice on the fuel/ignition controller.

I use AEM but they are not the only one out there. 30lb injectors should be fine. Down the road, you may wish to consider a larger TB. I run a 68mm TB from F&B.

AEM F/IC come in two flavours the F/IC6 and the F/IC8. The F/IC8 has more features but is also more costly. If you go with AEM and decide to get the F/IC6, make sure it is the 30-1913 part number. In their infinite wisdom, Chrysler used a different current loading value for the injectors. If you do not use the Chrysler specific part, you will get injector misfire CELs.

The F/IC8 (part number 30-1930) is universal.

Assuming they sell the manifold alone, the M90 will not fit there right?

Alexia,

Welcome to the world of Forced Induction!

Now you get to make a choice on the fuel/ignition controller.

I use AEM but they are not the only one out there. 30lb injectors should be fine. Down the road, you may wish to consider a larger TB. I run a 68mm TB from F&B.

AEM F/IC come in two flavours the F/IC6 and the F/IC8. The F/IC8 has more features but is also more costly. If you go with AEM and decide to get the F/IC6, make sure it is the 30-1913 part number. In their infinite wisdom, Chrysler used a different current loading value for the injectors. If you do not use the Chrysler specific part, you will get injector misfire CELs.

The F/IC8 (part number 30-1930) is universal.

I already have an AEM F/IC 6 30-1913 sitting behind me. :D

What size is the opening on the S5-210 supercharger for the throttle body?

Crazy is good sometimes. A stroker plus a supercharger in your MJ is going to be insane.

It already can not keep traction from slight throttle blips.

Assuming they sell the manifold alone, the M90 will not fit there right?

I am pretty sure it would fit so long as you were not using the stock air box. The Sprintex kit was designed around keeping the factory air box and the M90 is about an inch or so taller / thicker than the Sprintex compressor. You would need to find someone to manufacture an adapter plate to go from the Sprintex mount to the M90 mount. (I know someone interested in the same thing and the resources to create it.. ;) ) You would also need an adapter from the M90 intake to the throttle body, which is quite different depending on the M90 variant.

IWhat size is the opening on the S5-210 supercharger for the throttle body?

Big. Almost the entire back plate of the S5-210 is the intake opening. An adapter plate has to exist (part of the kit) in order to create a mounting surface / adapter for the throttle body. I believe the opening on the Sprintex-supplied throttle body adapter is on the order of 70mm in diameter. I will check with O-Gauge tonight if he doesn't chime in first to confirm.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/S5SeriesBrochureSpecs.pdf

Back