• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 91 comanche

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
This is only a feeler until i find out if i am getting a different car. if i am able to buy the other car then this will be for sale, and if i cant then i am keeping it.

Its a 1991 Swb(short bed), HO 4.0L, 4wd w/ np231 and AW4. I bought it a few months ago and have been working on it slowly. i have replaced all fluids except the diffs which i will do next time i go up there, new battery, new starter, replaced parts it was missing so everything is there, new UCA bushings, 31x10.5x15 dakota m/t's with about 90% on eagle alloys. it has a 4" fabtech lift with add a leaves in the rear and coils and spacers up front and lower control arms, stock uppers. overall its pretty clean. it has small dents and what not, and a good size dent on top of the bed, so if you want it perfect it will need a little body work. i put a new drivers door on it, the seat belt got wound up in the old one and wouldnt open for anything so i cut it off and put a new door on. It needs a muffler, i cut the old one out because it was done. interior is ok. it has buckets and the center console, a good cleaning and it would be decent, no headliner. the guy before me dropped a "new" drivetrain from a 94 in it with 65k miles about 3 years ago and it runs great. the old one just grenaded. so it starts up great and drives good too. it has a clean title and is non-opped. im not sure what else to say so if there are any more questions just ask. ill post pics in a few minutes

How much are you thinking?

im sure many would like to know a asking price if you decide to sell. good start for a crawler build for someone.

if i do sell it l would want 2500. i know its not perfect at all, but these are close to impossible to find lol posting pics right now

manche3.jpg

manche2.jpg

manche1.jpg

sorry about the mess all around it. it was getting dark and i hadnt cleaned up yet and needed pics

Oh so tempting. Willing to trade for an XJ?

I think you are asking a tad to much for it. Since this is just a feeler thread I think it will be ok to add my opinion here.

You can get a MJ all day long with a much better body for $1500 or less. I have bought 6 MJs so far for less than $600. All of there body's were almost straight as an arrow. MJs are not all that rare. Check out Comanche Club and see how many you find. I am a Comanche freak! I think there is not a better looking truck out there.

I sold my 97 converted MJ for $2500. All it needed was painted to be finished. Take a good hard look at what they are going for. You might be surprised at what you can find.

Again, I am not trying to rain on your parade. I am just trying to make you realize the true value of these trucks.

I think you are asking a tad to much for it. Since this is just a feeler thread I think it will be ok to add my opinion here.

You can get a MJ all day long with a much better body for $1500 or less. I have bought 6 MJs so far for less than $600. All of there body's were almost straight as an arrow. MJs are not all that rare. Check out Comanche Club and see how many you find. I am a Comanche freak! I think there is not a better looking truck out there.

I sold my 97 converted MJ for $2500. All it needed was painted to be finished. Take a good hard look at what they are going for. You might be surprised at what you can find.

Again, I am not trying to rain on your parade. I am just trying to make you realize the true value of these trucks.

well its not that its worth all 2500 its what it is worth to me ya know?. and maybe worth to someone else. and its HO. not many of these left.

alek is right not many HO MJs rolling around... *but* looks kind of beat man, how bad is the inside of the bed beat up ? looks pretty trashed on the drivers side top edge from the pic. maybe just the angle or is it bent down as bad as it looks?

Last edited:
alek is right not many HO MJs rolling around... *but* looks kind of beat man, how bad is the inside of the bed beat up ? looks pretty trashed on the drivers side top edge from the pic. maybe just the angle or is it bent down as bad as it looks?

its really not that bad. but it does have some dents and dings im not denyin that lol. i was just gonna get a new bed when one came along in a junkyard or on craigslist, and put new doors on. and paint it. but its really not that bad. im proly just gonna end up daily driving it and fix it up as i go.

actually maybe. if its 97+

Remeber the blue 97 I had sitting in my driveway when you dropped off the mirrors?

Did you ever have it registered and driven on the street?

I'm looking for something that for the most part is turnkey.

I need a truck to haul two dog kennels and work stuff. Where abouts in YL is the truck? Imperial and Rose? Is that correct?

Hell, I could just use a truck - are you dead set on the up-front cash deal, or could you be talked into a Note or trade?

I'd not have a problem coming down to get it, if we could work something out. A decent SB 4WD MJ is actually my second choice of three for a pick-em-up truck (#1 being a pre-74 J-series w/AMC V8, #3 being a pre-74 W-series with LA-block or Cummins I could convert to greasel/WVO...) and this is something I wouldn't have to worry about swapping the transmission in (even though I already have a couple of AX-15s around anyhow.)

Let me know if you get serious - a decent MJ is something I'd be highly inclined (and rather likely) to gradually restore and use...

ill let you guys know.. not sure if i want to let it go. it may not look like much but to me its a pile of gold. so if i end up not being able to get the other car i want then no biggie ill just keep it. :D

officially for sale now. my bank account is depressing, i register for classes on the 6th, and christmas is soon lol. it no longer has the 31s, but has stock size tires on the same rims pictured. it will also have a bench seat instead of the buckets. 1,800

if you are interested please call or text me at 661-236-5189

Free bump. Wish I could afford this!

Back