• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ohhh boy am I having fun

Karlm

NAXJA Forum User
....ok not really. So finally today all of my parts arived after my heap has been sitting infront of my parents hous for like a week. I had some overtemp issues last week, so I figured it was time to bite the bullit and just go for it. Well, after trapsing all over town this morning for miscelaneous parts (it seems that most of the stealerships around here are on strike) I finallt tore into the jeep. I got stuff apart really easy, but then crap invetably started to happen. First, some of the mounting studs on my new GDI sheared off. It was ok though, I sent for a new one, and figured I would finish tommorow. THen, while replacing the heater hoses to make use of my time, my friggin heater valve pretty much falls apart in my hands. Luckily my girlfriend was on her way to the parts store for some other junk and she grabbed me a new one. Luckily my parents are good about me having to spread my crap around the garage. Oh yeah, and to top off this series of follies, my dad tells me this morning to lock the garage door in the upright position with a set of vise grips so it won't fall on me. Yeah, about all they did was let me know with a pinging sound that my dumb ass was about to get nailed. The damn door drilled me in the small of the back shoving me over into my engine. But I ain't bitter. Oh well, I'll guess I'll just be back at it tomorrow.

Use a clamp next time, that way you will hear a 'sliding' sound and have enough time to stand up, verify it slipped and get it on the noggin :D
It has been a trying week thats for sure, I dodged two construction zones and was making my turn onto my back route to allentown when a 200+ new school bus convoy beat me to the intersection by 10 seconds coming the other way, all I could do was laugh, pull over and crack my new linux manual, glad I filled my travel mug before I left home.

Back