• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Notice of Stolen Jeep Cherokee - Thursday 8/24

Graphics

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm looking for help anywhere i can get. I was notified today by the Meinike on Iliff (where my jeep was at) that it was stolen (somewhere between yesterday and this morning). Araphoe SO is investigating.

I am a first responder and I use this jeep for the counties search and rescue team and it is classified as a FEMA type II vehicle. It has equipment inside including lights and radio.

If anyone sees this jeep (its pretty distinct) please notify Arapahoe County Sheriffs Office at (303) 795-4711 or call 911. This is a privately owned emergency response vehicle.

Below are the most up-to-date pictures i have. The markings are accurate.
Or if anyone comes across any of the parts you can recognize here.

Despite me wanting this back in one piece would be a miracle, however that larger concern is to get it off the streets. Thank you for your time.

nkx2pehsjsmt1uv0mjok9xja9tt9nbgr.jpg

4dtc4a1i8sp23rocs2vuvm3r21rbiy2b.jpg

ib5mkzusjbf9zq9fihdfdbd1f1umgzms.jpg

qauzlaqcxumfupwol1n51mgsjmks7rls.jpg

xi7tqy0vnwe76e60hb9e46nbppe22g5y.jpg

seap386t9kbq86zpsypbxcria9lgm3cx.jpg

yzmi39qovdcav29ebgo38kh0y0hjzq7a.jpg

ah, that sucks... I'll keep my eyes peeled for a short bus headed south...

Sort of off topic......

I've been thinking about a GPS tracker in case of theft. This one is $72 purchase and $70 a year for service. It plugs into the OBD2 port.....which means its easy to remove as well, so for theft reasons I might add a hardwired, hidden, odbii port just for this thing.

Anyone have any other alternatives out there? I don't mind the upfront cost but others I can find charge $20 a month which adds up quick, especially across multiple vehicles.

https://www.amazon.com/Vyncs-Connec...ng=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZDF0AMKR3PV4WSDERWE0#Ask
http://www.vyncs.com/

Sort of off topic......

I've been thinking about a GPS tracker in case of theft. This one is $72 purchase and $70 a year for service. It plugs into the OBD2 port.....which means its easy to remove as well, so for theft reasons I might add a hardwired, hidden, odbii port just for this thing.

Anyone have any other alternatives out there? I don't mind the upfront cost but others I can find charge $20 a month which adds up quick, especially across multiple vehicles.

https://www.amazon.com/Vyncs-Connec...ng=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZDF0AMKR3PV4WSDERWE0#Ask
http://www.vyncs.com/

A fuel pump kill switch would be cheap .

I keep mine parked behind a locked gate. I also don't live in Denver, so that helps.

Any word back on the Jeep? Has it been found?

And enough hassle to use that it would be ineffective since it relies on the user.

Adding a sentry key would help....unless it gets towed off, the GPS tracker with a battery backup could get it most anywhere.

I have fuel pump kill and ecm kill ...lol...it takes 5 seconds to flip the switches . If you can't work two switches you don't have a rig worth more than the insurance pay out so why bother .

Any word on the jeep? Sorry to hear.... mine was stolen and wrecked while i was deployed so I know the feeling. I did exactly what the others said and installed a fuel pump kill switch (after i fixed the damage). You could also switch the wires on the distributor for a free temporary solution. Hopefully they find it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

***Update***

So the good guys at DPD recovered this by accident. Went in on a warrant arrest at a known drug house and happen to stumble across this. So I guess it was still in Denver. Pretty much what I expected, although I wasn't even expecting to recover at all... so some closure.

Also, as a public service announcement, don't do business with Meinekee, I doubt any of you do, and in all fairness I should have known better as well.

(note: this was dismantled not wrecked, and yes previously blue)

snptw4pqim6z07rmt3a8p31x01strj5g.jpg

I don't have much information on what transpired as its a completely different case, but the house did contained drugs, the people arrested were inside of house containing drugs, and my jeep was contained within the premises. So assumptions could be made.

Probably people that steal cars regularly. Best thing to do is pull all sellable parts and then cut the rest up to send off as scrap. You're less likely to get caught that way then if you tried to sell the entire vehicle.

It's been a long while "Graphics" so I apologize, I've forgotten your name..... But I do remember chatting with you on several occasions when selling you some parts and what not.

Did you still have tons of radio and electronics in it when it got stolen? Back in the day I recall you were cutting the dash to fit all kinds of stuff for GPS, radio, and a lap top platform......

I'm so sorry your rig got jacked like that. Such disrespect shown to the jeep. Have you been looking on Craigs for parts / equipment of yours being sold? Pawn shops?

I'm assuming the Mineke reference means you know/suspect one of their employees of having seen your rig and made a key / copied your address from an invoice for work you had done to the Jeep there?

Major suckage in this thread.......

Last edited:
Back