• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KrashFab 4500 Build

KrashFab

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Ya'll, wanted to share my build with you guys and start making it out to some of the club events. The jeep will also hopefully be raced in 2018 KOH in the 4500 class, as long as I can get everything dialed in on it prior to the race.

The Jeep is my mountain bomber and has been a good little parts runner the past two years. It's getting a full makeover and a lot of goodies. Little bit about me, I have a small fabrication shop "KrashFab", and am a dealer for most the parts that are going on the rig.

Parts list:
-LQ9 6.0 motor and 4L65e Transmission
-Atlas 2 speed 3.38:1 low
-King 2.0X14" shocks with External res and comp adj
-Dana 60 and 10.25 axles, locked with 4.30 gears (left overs, but will work for now)
-RuffStuff hemis and link brackets
-RuffStuff chassis stiffener and dif covers
-Artec axle trusses
-Walker Evans bead locks, unknown 37" tires
-Areomotive fuel system and fuel cell
-PRP seats and harnesses
-Full DOM interior cage W/modified front and rear frame rails, and external roof cage

I know I'm forgetting parts, but they will come to me.

Here's some pics of the Jeep before I started.

Parts pics will come in the next post! and hoping to do an update at least once a week with all the progress.

Yeah i thought that too clyde

This will be fun to watch! I thought you had to run the 4.0 in the 4500 class?

I'm going to double check with Ultra4, I've already had to ask about a few frame altering questions. I interpreted it as any engine goes, as long as its forward facing in front of the drivers seat and 4wd, but I can also see how you guys are reading it, so i'll def clarify with them, I don't want to show up and get bumped to 4400... lol

"8.4.2 ENGINE
1) Any and all engines are permitted, providing they meet all the additional rules and regulations specified herein, and with the following limitations and exceptions: The back of the engine-block must be located in front of the furthest-forward portion of the driver's seat, unless otherwise-equipped, as originally manufactured in a 4WD
configuration.
2) Radiator mounting open

Week 1 update:

Got most of the car stripped out, complete drivetrain pulled, pressure washed engine bay and underside of jeep. Pushed the axles under it, and started mapping out suspension tie points ect.

Also, I most more pics as I go on Instagram if you are so inclined, it's "Krashfab"

Gonna add you on insta, you are correct. Jeepspeed 4500 class is pretty much open as long as it looks like a mopar product. Engines are unrestricted. I didn't know a pooch was allowed as a power plant though....

does 4500 allow larger diameter shocks? with that kind of power, 2.5"s would make you considerably faster in the rough.

Yes you can run 2.5" and you can actually run 2 a corner, as long as they are attached to the axle. 2.0's are small, but but I figured i'd see how this all turns out and run the car a few times before I drop big coin on shocks.

Well not much progress on the build the last couple weeks... Been crazy busy with work, fire season, and had to do a 7k sq ft roof for the mother in law. But the atlas just showed up and I forgot to post some of the other parts that are laying around.

I did make a bit of progress on the jeep tho, I have the frame stiffeners tacked on, and got the rear fenders roughed out, and tacked on a few of the link mounts where i'm hoping they will work out. Also got the entire interior stripped and the rest of the wiring and bs from under the hood. Hopefully make some more progress next week, lots to do!

bad ass man. 2.0's are not going to work for long, start saving for bypasses! Nice work so far

Yea, I'm going to fab 2 sets of shock mounts per corner, even though I'll just have one for now, then as funds come avail, I'll have King build me a set of 2.5 bypasses, and eventually step up the 2.0 coil overs to 2.5's as well.

I just want to get the car rolling for now, and start running it.

I've been making progress, but its been slower than I'd like. I want to be driving it already, but there is just not enough time to work on it.

I got the motor mounts all done, and got the motor mounted, even though the trans is sill being held up by a ratchet strap. I got all the links mounts finished. Just was waiting on the final burn in for everything. I put some 37" military tires on the back, to see how it will all look and so I can get a better idea for body work. I have some of the cage frame work placed inside, hopefully get that all sorted out next week so I can do the shock mounts. Here's some pics.

Back