NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:16
NAXJA Member

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2getdirty View Post
In Wyoming you don't need a title or vin to start with. The state patrol will issue you a vin if it has everything needed to be legal (tail/head lights, mirrors,seatbelts) . No inspection after that.
Things are getting a little tougher in Wyoming, at least in Gillette. Bought a M100 in July last year. Cheyenne said it had been registered in Laramie 15 years ago. Had to send the guy a registered letter asking him to fill out paperwork as to why no title. End of November I finally got enough paperwork to satisfy Cheyenne. Don't want to go thru that again ! Don't knock Wyoming as there is only 500,000 people in state. Traffic jams are unheard of around here. How's that traffic jam on I 25 in the Springs, Denver and Fort Collins ? Not to mention the unlimited capacity of mags allowed here !
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:19
NAXJA Member

Quote:
I80 across to Utah is faster than i70 with a lot less traffic. Closer to South Dakota, and I am less than 10 minutes from the Colorado state line. Takes me 45 more minutes than you to go wheeling.

Itís only windy when you are passing through.
I drive back and forth from SLC to to Denver 6 days a week ... It's always windy . What is there in Wyoming besides open fields , tumble weeds , WIND , blowing snow , and wind ? I spotted a sign the other day for dental work in Cheyenne stating a full set of Wooden teeth done in a day .
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:27
my cats breath smells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot62 View Post
Things are getting a little tougher in Wyoming, at least in Gillette. Bought a M100 in July last year. Cheyenne said it had been registered in Laramie 15 years ago. Had to send the guy a registered letter asking him to fill out paperwork as to why no title.
If something has a VIN already then itís a pain if you donít have a title, but if you are starting from scratch itís easy. Especially if you are involved with LEO frequently.

Everyone that says itís windy in Wyoming is why itís always windy. Stop talking about it and it goes away.
There is a lot to offer in Wyoming. Great fishing and lots of mountains to explore could keep one busy for a lifetime. Donít get me wrong, i grew Up in Westminster and thought Colorado was the best place ever, now Iím not so sure you could pay me enough to live on the front range.
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:28
NAXJA Member

Ever been to the Bighorn Mountains ? What I have explored is more over landing than rock crawling. Ever had a moose come stomping thru your camp site at 9 pm ? No other campers within a half mile ? Never mind this is all BS, stay in Colorado !
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:34
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Ever been to the Bighorn Mountains ? What I have explored is more over landing than rock crawling. Ever had a moose come stomping thru your camp site at 9 pm ? No other campers within a half mile ? Never mind this is all BS, stay in Colorado !
The fictional setting for the Two sheep herding cowboys was Wyoming's Bighorn mountains...lol
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:34
NAXJA Member

Quote:
If something has a VIN already then itís a pain if you donít have a title, but if you are starting from scratch itís easy. Especially if you are involved with LEO frequently.

Everyone that says itís windy in Wyoming is why itís always windy. Stop talking about it and it goes away.
There is a lot to offer in Wyoming. Great fishing and lots of mountains to explore could keep one busy for a lifetime. Donít get me wrong, i grew Up in Westminster and thought Colorado was the best place ever, now Iím not so sure you could pay me enough to live on the front range.
Why did Wyoming ever allow anyone to register anything with out a title ?Now titles are required to register, at least in Gillette. I have become friends with the community service officer in Gillette. I have had to get titles for a military trailer , a home built trailer and one I bought out of Colorado in the last few years.
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:38
NAXJA Member

Key word : fictional. Ive been to Colorado. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones !
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:44
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Key word : fictional. Ive been to Colorado. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones !

Scary movie 4..." Black Cod "
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:46
NAXJA Member

No clue what this is about as I don't watch many movies. Please inform. So I can retaliate !
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:48
NAXJA Member

Quote:
No clue what this is about as I don't watch many movies. Please inform. So I can retaliate !

Scary movie 4...just YouTube it.
Old November 21st, 2017, 22:50
NAXJA Member

Have to pass. don't you tube much. Just old Chris Ledoux videos.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 04:50
NAXJA Member

Gillette. We just had a guy get stabbed up there walking to truck stop.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:08
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Guarantee TnT would pass a piss test, any shop otherwise is a joke.
Every single part I ever ďbolted onĒ from tnt while working at crawlertech fit like complete garbage
Old November 22nd, 2017, 13:20
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proracedriver616 View Post
Every single part I ever “bolted on” from tnt while working at crawlertech fit like complete garbage
Probably because no one at crawlertech could ever pass the piss test.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 13:39
my cats breath smells

Only ever heard one complaint from crawlertech and it was from Chad and it ended up being a difference of 3/16 on a set of slider legs.

Only thing I ever had built by crawlertech was supposed to be round sliders like we’re on Joshua’s blue xj ended up being built entirely of square material.

End of the day I am a welder for Tnt and can only build stuff to the tolerances we have in our jigs, can’t change stuff unless people tell us it’s not perfect.