• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

web search engine swap

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I downloaded something and poof there goes my google auto search, in its place there is some useless as all heck ask. com search. Can someone tell me how to switch it back?

firefox or internet exploder?

firefox or IE?
IE
Tools/Internet options
Search Settings button
Select engine
click set to default
click ok/apply until your out

Firefox is close to the same, at work so can't get details.

If you're talking about the toolbar then there's a dropdown menu "change search defaults"
same thing

When installing files you have to be really careful. Software companies are adding alot of these toolbar things or other crap. Usually when you Agree to the terms of use there will be 2 different check boxes one for toolbar crap and one will be for the the software you want to use. Read before you click and you wont have this problem :D

Last edited:
Yeah its firefox, I cant seem to figure out how to change it. Thanks! and yup I'll be super careful when downloading that I uncheck the boxes

if you're talking about the search box in the right upper corner, click the little down arrow next to the search engine's logo, there should be a bunch of options, select whichever one you want :thumbup:

EDIT: you can also click the manage search engines listing to remove the ask.com one entirely from your system.

If I just enter some search terms into the address bar google used to search, now it comes up with the ask site and its crap

Most of the clean ones will show up in your add/remove programs so uninstall whatever is ask related.

If that doesnt work.

Google a program called
Hijackthis

Run it and remove anything related to ask

Some of these little buggers are persistant and will continue to reset your defaults.

I recommend reading a tutorial on Hijackthis before removing things as it can remove critical parts of your browser so don't go all crazy with it :D

can anyone tell me weather or not dana 35 outer knuckle assy. will work on a dana 30 front
You're posting the same crap in multiple completely unrelated threads. KNOCK IT OFF.

a dana 35 outer knuckle assembly, I must be confused because I have never heard of such a beast.

as for telling you weather, it's sunny and about 70 here.

Back