• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WK2 air suspension

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I want to lift my 2017 WK2 TH with air suspension. How can this be accomplished and not void my lifetime warranty?

Push the suspension level button to the off road 2 setting. No need for a lift kit when you are a big baller driving a new WK.

No need for a lift kit when you are a big baller driving a new WK.

This is exactly the kind of response I knew I would get. And why I am so against this expansion to other platforms.

What will you guys say to the poor guy who wants to lift his FWD KL? I can already see the replies that it isn't a real Jeep and they are ugly. Blah, Blah, Blah.

I will admit I know the answer to my question but I want to see what kind of information will be googled and spit out here. There is a way to lock out the suspension at any speed and to control it with a knob.

This was more to prove my point that this new expansion is not needed. The tech is out there for all these Jeeps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dang pop quizzes.

:rattle:

Nominated.

Doesn't appear to be able to hold his liquor either.

You know you're laying it on thick there Bo, knock it off.

You have to expect sarcastic responses to a sarcastic thread, it was easy to see what your goal was from the get go.

I will admit I know the answer to my question but I want to see what kind of information will be googled and spit out here. There is a way to lock out the suspension at any speed and to control it with a knob.

This was more to prove my point that this new expansion is not needed. The tech is out there for all these Jeeps.

Knowing nothing about Trailhawks other than in my opinion they are butt ugly,
I found the answer informative amd had no idea whatsoever they had air suspension.

Knowing that you are attempting to facetious and malicious i need to google the lifetime warranty part.

Build your own adjustable links to lower or raise normal ride height.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/diy-homemade-air-suspension-links-install-with-pics-94371.html

Off-road 2 is only allowed up to 25MPH, then it auto lowers to ride height but you can fool it with adjustable links so normal ride height is taller.

Our eco diesel grand Cherokee rides terrible on the tall off road 2 height. The shocks are almost fully extended and top out on every small bump.

I like the air suspension, It rides good and is great for my wife towing but lame off road and needs more rebound.

So basically you're wasting our time. Why should we do anything but waste yours?

Have not been on this forum since my son picked my XJ off of me 3 years ago.

Picked up a 2011 WK2 in August.
Bag has a hole in it.

If anyone accidentally opens this post and wants a modern answer?

This is what I am doing. I had no plan to lift this vehicle. My boys talked me into it.

Long story short, I am converting to the Rocky Road Outfitters OME suspension kit. Based on my conversations with RRO, I should have parts about the beginning of July. That is how I will get my lift handled.

Have not been on this forum since my son picked my XJ off of me 3 years ago.

Picked up a 2011 WK2 in August.
Bag has a hole in it.

If anyone accidentally opens this post and wants a modern answer?

This is what I am doing. I had no plan to lift this vehicle. My boys talked me into it.

Long story short, I am converting to the Rocky Road Outfitters OME suspension kit. Based on my conversations with RRO, I should have parts about the beginning of July. That is how I will get my lift handled.

Hey just renewed my membership after a long absence. Just wanted to post up to add to this discussion.

My 2013 Overland V8 had blown out front struts by 120K miles. Pump was noisy as well. So I removed everything and installed the Rocky road OME kit. All that is really unique about it is the give you the rear coil spring plastic bits that you do not get with the airbags. Still worth it though as they assembly the front struts and the rear shocks and have decent instructions.

the 275-55-R20 tires would NOT clear the Rocky Road HD upper control arms, so I had to install spidertrax spacers. And I have since installed 275-60R20 tires. You absolutely need to cut and fold the pinch weld at the back of each of the front wheel wells. It will cut the tires up.

Overall it is well worth the effort. The air suspension was absolutely fantastic, but the lifespan is about 100K miles. Not worth rebuilding it on a 10 year old Jeep that will inevitable sit more.

Other things that it needed (all original. Easier to do a lot of them with the front suspension removed.
-lower ball joints
-Front wheel bearings and brake shields
-intake and valve cover gaskets
-oil pan (just had a weepy seal, but just decided to put on a whole new pan with a Fumoto valve. The nylon pan has a brass drain insert that is know to break when over tightened. You must drop the crossmember to pull the pan.
-front wheel bearings
-Motor mounts
-02 sensors
-machined exhaust manifolds and installed new gaskets. Also much easier to do with the front crossmember removed. The factory exhaust is still in incredible shape being all stainless steel from the factory.

092PWKaNl4_sCrYAoGxHRU85w

Back