• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my mild mj

Finally took it out for a spin, the first time since august. Drives like crap, needs an alingment and there is an annoying clunk that i think is my exhaust. Main reason for the drive was to fill the dodge dakota tank i put in and see if i soddered the connections right. Seems to work, 15 gal= 3/4 tank.
tu8a3e2e.jpg

Messes with the AA shift linkage, its close now but far from perfect. Think i need to modify my handle a bit more.

The fans worked fine on my little drive, seems to run on the cool side so i may be adjusting the set points.

ezadasyq.jpg

My welder, hood, porta band and some other stuff was recently stolen from my garage. So it will be a while until i finish the bumper.
e2ydy7uv.jpg

Thanks man. No cool story, orignal fenders were 96- and horribly bondod' to match the 97+ header, and i caved them both in by lack of bump stops.

Trying to tighten up the front end so it will drive down the road good. A while back i swapped out track bars, my IRO bar had a 7/16 sleeve but at that point i didnt have bolt/nut combo that woul work for tightning it, other than stock. Yesterday i dropped the bar, pushed the sleeve out and grabbed some DOM tubing i had laying around.

This axle was from a wrangler, and from what ive picked up they use 13mm hardware for their trak bars. The axle bracket hole was already 9/16, so i went to tacoma screw and grabbed a 9/16x4" bolt, nut, washer, and extra thick washer, and lock washer. Cut the bolt down to about 3 1/4" and that let the shoulder part go thru both sides of the bracket so the threads won't wallow the hole out, by using the extra thick washer and lock washer i can get a 7/8" wrench on it so now welding a tab wasnt needed. Put the tubing on the lathe and knocked it down to .875", drilled it out to 9/16 and cut it down to 1.625".

Steering is much tighter now, but its never that easy. Just checked the balljoints and they have play. They are next on the list, than a alingment.

ge7e3y3a.jpg

rasyhe2a.jpg

ha8ubese.jpg

NICELY DONE!

Because I was excited to see someone else here has the means to successfully operate a lathe (and knows what he's doing) and uses it to the betterment of his Jeep....if you must know.

been painted all one color for a while now, made some cutout fender flares so I quit rubbing. dirtbound diy front bumper, headlight harness upgrade. when I get motivation I have a complete harness from a 99' that I need to thin out and put in to fix the rats nest that's in there now. getting new rear leafs today, then working on getting some custom valved shocks to improve the ride quality.
e86bf51fe6367608211d1babb6e1e42c.jpg
ae95ef5ad4792d446bf80d7006c53e54.jpg
ea1bea28ce5e200648b528fd5e9cd6da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back