• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 carriers?

majic_tech

NAXJA Forum User
anybody know what all dana 44 carriers will fit in the rear dana 44 jeep axle for 4.10 gears..... for example will a dana 44 front carrier work?

All of the D44 carriers are the same including the high pinion. The only difference is the carrier break and it's 3.92 and lower (higher numerically) for 4.10's.

Lincoln said:
All of the D44 carriers are the same including the high pinion. The only difference is the carrier break and it's 3.92 and lower (higher numerically) for 4.10's.
I believe the Rubi's and the Alum 44's are still different.

RCP Phx said:
I believe the Rubi's and the Alum 44's are still different.

I've never seen anything that show's that though. And you probably wouldn't be looking for a carrier if you had the Rubi or an Aluminum. Both use different gear sets though.

the rubicon 44's are still 44 center sections LP44. you never hear of upgrading them bc they have a 4.10 carrier already. TJ 44's use standard carriers. the zj 44 is a p.o.s. 1 peice shafts, c-clips, IIRC different pinion and ring size, dana35c older brother.

couple of corections.
yes the rubicon is a standard D44 carrier... almost.
it is a 3.73 and numerically lower carrier and it has 7/16's ring gear bolts instead of 3/8".
4.88 rubicon gears are nothing more than thick D44 gears with 7/16 bolts.
you can run a rubicon gear on a standard carrier. you just have to drill the ring gear holes on the carrier.
you can also run a standard thick gear on a rubicon carrier. but a special small part is required. a small bushing that reduces the bolt hole down to 3/8" id.
vette, viper, jag and alum ZJ D44's are a different piece of junk... er I mean carrier. with no significant aftermarket support.
Chevy, ford, IH D44's are the same front or rear and they will work in your rear D44.

Back