• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS/FT Built HP Dana 30 COMPLETE steering and tracbar included!

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I built this axle over the years and now it's time to upgrade.

I'd much rather sell this axle as a whole and have someone come pic it up since it all is sorta made to go together. If this doesn't sell by 3/1/11 then I'll start parting it out.

This axle will bolt directly into your Jeep with no fabrication. The only thing that you'll have to do is already have an after market frame side tracbar bracket.

Disclamier: This axle is USED, obviously! I did USE this axle. It's NOT going to sparkle like it did when I first build it but I PROMISE this is a strong axle. I've broke it ONCE and that was before the chromo shafts.

Specs:
1993 HP Dana 30
Truss
4.56 gears (Brand new, one trail ride)
Alloy USA chromoly axle shafts with 760 joints
Alloy USA tube seals (red)
Lock Right Lunch box locker (visible wear but it worked, not installed in axle)
WJ Brake/Steering conversion
Chevy 1-ton TREs OTK
JKS OAB
All custom otk steering 1.25" DOM x .250 wall Tie rod, drag link, and tracbar
Tracbar has a heim joint on the frame side
Solid Diff cover
RK Flex Joint in the UCA mount.

DSCN4002.jpg

Needs both upper ball joints and 2 tie rod ends. I'll supply you with the numbers.

$1,000 FIRM
If anyone would like I could figure the cost of building this axle.

Here's what I'd be willing to trade. +/- $.

Low Mileage AW4
31x10.50x15 A/T or M/T tires No less than 85% tread
Alloy shafts for a Waggy 44 (I know this is a long shot but worth a try)
JD2 Tube bender 1.75" dies
Detours Backbone
Air shocks or coilovers in the 12"-14" travel variety
15" beadlock wheels.

Thanks for your interest!

Any more pics of the axle such as the track bar mount?

JKS OAB? Does your WJ conversion use their spacer? No booty fab washers and such, right?

That's right, I used the JKS spacer. It was professionally welded to the knuckle. JKS OAB=over the axle trac bar bracket.

I'm including the tracbar so it'll all be the correct length for direct bolt in.

All you'll need is this:
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...oduct_Code=RC-TB150-UV&Category_Code=SUS_TRAC
Or one similar.

Now, keep in mind it does not have a passenger side UCA mount. I forgot to put that in the listing. I run a 3 link and didn't use it. You can easily add one.

I PMed you some pictures.

Last edited:
Hey on that locker - "Lock Right Lunch box locker (visible wear but it worked, not installed in axle)" - since it isn't in the axle would you sell it separate? Let me know, I've been looking for one. Good luck on the sale, it's a good deal - wish I had the money. If you start parting it out let me know, I could use a diff cover too.

In this picture the tracbar and the drag link are aligned and about where they would be after install. It also shows that I need a bolt in the top of the diff cover and how messy my yard is...

DSCN4013.jpg

The back side.

DSCN4011.jpg

Hey on that locker - "Lock Right Lunch box locker (visible wear but it worked, not installed in axle)" - since it isn't in the axle would you sell it separate? Let me know, I've been looking for one. Good luck on the sale, it's a good deal - wish I had the money. If you start parting it out let me know, I could use a diff cover too.

I'll sell it seperate when/if I part it out.

yeah, I got like 15 people wanting the shafts but the locker is all yours. I REALLY want to sell this thing as a whole. If can't get 1k out of this thing I'd just rather keep it and put it in my DD. I've got easily twice that in this damn thing! I'll post here as soon as I part it out.

While installing my 44 I realized that the flex joint in the UCA mount on the axle is wider than stock. It will only work with the Gen 1 Rock Krawler long arm kit. I'm removing it to use on my D44 but I will be buying a factory UCA bushing to replace it. K, good.

Ill trade you a 7 pin trailer pigtail for it...

(Sorry dude, just sAw it laying on the workbench. I obviously forgot, and will get it to you in the morning.)

lol Obviously, there's no rush. Take your time.

Dude PMed me this morning wanting to know if this axle was still for sale. It's been sold twice since this listing.

Back