• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Pictures - Early XJ 2DR Tube Doors

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Gettin ready for spring, and of course the popular item for Jeeps is usually tube doors.

So it was time to expand on the early 4 door front and rears we make.

Here's some pictures from building the 2 door version.

You can see here we tried to make sure it followed body lines and tucked in as far as we could.
90850-bodyline.jpg

Another angle
90850-bodyline2.jpg

Basic Sideview shot. One thing I noticed on these is to open them from inside, its a bit of a reach to the back of the door, not bad though.
90850-sideview.jpg

Another Angle
90850-sideview2.jpg

The door swung open, its a long one. We're gonna have to get a longer box just for these to be able to ship them
90850-swingout.jpg

Now some of you might know that on the first 4 door versions we opted to add a replacement striker pin that allowed us to use the YJ/CJ style soft door paddle handles we make.

This seemed less than efficient, and since we were already working on expanding our paddle handles into 3 kinds, why not make it 4?

So I built up these...Cherokee paddle handles. You can also see we added a rubber snubber to the package. This allowed us to create a 100% rattle free door, these things are silent, I kid you not.

Open Latch

90850-open.jpg

Latch as it closes

90850-closing.jpg

Latch Closed

90850-closed.jpg

All in all they came out very nicely. As usual we'll offer the padding kits, mesh covers, and limit strap kits too

Price? Just as high as the four doors? Your are not a sponsor any more, makes me want to cry..But i'll still buy from you

Last edited:
I want a pair!!!

id be down for a set. i think id do a canvas cover but for tube doors i think they look pretty good.

so could these work on 97+'s. maybe with little moding, or no way?

That'd be a tough task but anything is possible, I cannot tell you how off or how close it'd be from fitting. That version will come soon.

man thats a good looking jeep......I think they are designing a set for the post 97 cherokee 2 doors as well.

Yes, we will be eventually, 97+ 4 doors are coming next though.

Your are not a sponsor any more, makes me want to cry..But i'll still buy from you

Warrior was never a sponsor, RJR Off-Road was. Unfortunately as RJR I was a little too broke to renew my sponsorship right away, we may be re-upping later on though.

For the record though, we kept the coupon codes for NAXJA (naxja-wp) active.

You are the one.. Thank you for the idea of the rubber bumpers on the doors..This makes it so much nicer..I installed mine this week (rubber bumpers )..
Thank you again..

Is there an upgrade for the handle if you have the first generation tube doors so I dont have to change the stryker pin everytime i put my tube doors on. I see in the pic that, that handle uses the factory stryker pin.

Is there an upgrade for the handle if you have the first generation tube doors so I dont have to change the stryker pin everytime i put my tube doors on. I see in the pic that, that handle uses the factory stryker pin.

Some test fits have to be done before I can answer that with any kind of definite yes or no.

Reason = Will the new handle fit into the 4 doors? Definitely. Will the new handle fitted into the 4 doors line up with the striker? Unknown. Will the new handle allow those doors to close properly? Unknown.

Once I have some test fits done to clear that question up, then I'll be able to tell you a clear answer.

Ok sounds good

90850-bodyline2.jpg

Does the leading edge of the top tube stick out past the plane of the fender?

Hard to tell in the pics, but that would make a pretty effective tree magnet on my rig.

(At least the way I drive... :anon:)

Robert

Back