• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yamaha Banshee

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Desert season is fast approacing. I got my Banshee all set up now. I used to have a 87 Suzuki Quadzilla LT500, but that thing was nothing but problems then entire time I owned it. My wife bought me a 2005 Banshee for Christmas last year and I took it out a couple times. It was no where near as fast at my Quadzilla so I had to do some work to it durning off season.

So I put a 4+ extended swing arm for the only suspension mod that it has, but well worth the $. I took off the cynendars and had them ported, put on a new cool head with 19 cc compression domes and O-rings which are far superior to the standard head gasket, toomey t-5 pipes, K&N individual pod filters, Vforce III reeds, stiffer clutch springs, a 200 watt ricky stator, and a timing plate with the timing advanced to +6, and of course race gas witch runs me $6.99 / gallon. This thing is going to fly. I sold the tires that are in the signature and im going to get some taller hauler tires and dougla rims for more traction and that tire/rim combo is also very light. I think I will also shange out the front sprocket for gearing purposes because of the tire change. Alright that is all I wanted to say. I cant wait to ride the beast and smoke my brother and the guys I ride with. I will be keeping up with the best of em now.

Backside-1.jpg

Frontside-1.jpg

PortJob003-1.jpg

PortJob002-1.jpg

PortJob001-1.jpg

Race gas + to much alcohol =

:roflmao:
dez013.jpg

TackerT said:
I have a nicely built banshee running around 98 hp. So when are you ready to run it.

Im going to Gordon's Well late September to get the jetting all dialed in and a "shake down run" if you will. Then Halloween on the big trip the guys I ride with whot know what hit em.

Nice, Makes me miss mine. Had one back in the 80's? Long time ago. Had some friends at Dico they introduced me to DG. DG used my banshee to prototype their pipes, and in exchange gave me free pipes and built my engine for cost. They ported and polished the cylinders, FMF reeds and some clutch changes, twist throttle and dead man switch, nerf bars... Sent over Cheetah systems for a custom Nitrous system. and keihin carbs. Then off to Cal fab for a plus 10" swing arm. Used to love the nights a competition hill. What a fun ride. If you ever switch to keihn carbs, send me pm...I still have the nitrous system...

Back