• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front Drive Shaft

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need a XJ Front Drive Shaft . I will have to cut and make a new shaft but need the slip yoke end and splines. Athens, AL 35613

It has a slip splined section, not a slip-yoke. But that's just being picky with wordage :laugh3:

Either way, I may have one. What are you wanting to pay for one shipped?

The "yoke" is the part that attaches your axle to the TC at one end of the axle and the the pinion at the other. The front driveshaft does not have a "slip yoke."

slip yoke
slipyoke.gif

fixed yoke
yoke.gif

It has a slip splined section, not a slip-yoke. But that's just being picky with wordage :laugh3:

Either way, I may have one. What are you wanting to pay for one shipped?

Honestly if you go to a drive line site it is called

Extendable Drive Shaft Slip Yokes
1310, 1330, 1350 OR 1410 SLIP YOKES

But any way everyone gets my drift.

Tell me what you need for the shaft. All I need is the stub and slip yoke, you could cut it a few inches past the the stub.

The "yoke" is the part that attaches your axle to the TC at one end of the axle and the the pinion at the other. The front driveshaft does not have a "slip yoke."

slip yoke
slipyoke.gif

fixed yoke
yoke.gif

OMG, Alright guys not to be a dick or anything but here is http://arizonadrivelines.com/Drive_shaft_long_slip_yoke_and_spline.htm . Scroll down but I will post pictures also.

Extendable Drive Shaft Slip Yokes
1310, 1330, 1350 OR 1410 SLIP YOKES

! Note:

1310 = half ton

1330 = three quarter ton

1350 = one ton

1410 = one and a half ton
extend3.jpg

Here is the stub it slips on. It doesn't ride on it, it slips in and out for travel. Check your front driveshaft and you will see...
spline2.jpg

I will not make this a pissing battle but I do believe that that yoke slips on the stub shaft and that is why it is called a slip yoke. There is several types of slip yokes like the one that would slip into a tranny or transfer case , but still the yoke is slipping onto a shaft. either it be male or female. So you can call drive line shops and argue the fact of a slip yoke. Let's not get like pirate4x4.

Josh

Last edited:

slip yoke
slipyoke.gif

fixed yoke
yoke.gif

So you came in here posting , Do you have a XJ Front Driveshaft or NOT?

Hey sorry I will empty out my box. I was able to get the slip yoke off the shaft at the junkyard , I borrowed a friends cordless saw-zaw and got the part I needed. I will need some more though so just post up if ya got one.

Josh

i tried to use a front shaft for something else... ended up cutting the double cardon joint... making the driveshaft useless to a cherokee owner... but it still has the yoke end you're looking for... i'll be at the flog, if that helps...

i tried to use a front shaft for something else... ended up cutting the double cardon joint... making the driveshaft useless to a cherokee owner... but it still has the yoke end you're looking for... i'll be at the flog, if that helps...

How much? I will be going to Mountain Side Nov 15th weekend. Then my next ride will be Morris Mountain and then Gray Rock Toys For Tots and then Summertown for New Years. If it is cheap enough I will take it, just hold on to it for me till we can meet up.

Josh
256-431-8618

Back