• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Upgraded steering, possibly lift kit also

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
I need some work done to my Jeep before winter so I plan on upgrading as I replace worn out parts, and figured I would check with the locals and see if anyone has anything before I drop the coin on new parts.

I currently have an all-but stock 89 XJ and the steering is worn out (TRE's), and I've been looking at doing the V8 Grand Cherokee upgrade. That's my fall-back plan if nothing pans out, but I figured I would see if someone had something that they were willing to sell and save me a few bucks.

Not an immediate need, but before winter I would like to lift my Jeep no more than 4", and have no clue where to go when it comes to a lift. Again, thought I would check with the XJ'ers here and see if someone perhaps upgraded to a larger lift and had a smaller lift that they no longer needed.

I am located up in Williams, AZ near Flagstaff, but willing to make a trip down yonder for the right parts at the right price. Thanks!

Call up Ruff Stuff. I have their 7/8's heim kit and it has stopped my XJ dead in its tracks while doing 20mph and only put a small bend in the tie rod.

Call up Ruff Stuff. I have their 7/8's heim kit and it has stopped my XJ dead in its tracks while doing 20mph and only put a small bend in the tie rod.

Bolt on? I'm not looking to get wild and crazy with fabbing up a mega wild steering setup, just an upgrade over the OEM stuff that will hold up to some mild wheeling from time to time (more mud than anything else). I can get the ZJ parts for $200 to my door for all new MOOG pieces and bolt it right on in my driveway. That is what I have been leaning towards for a while, I just wanted to see if any of the local guys had any parts they were willing to part with for a reasonable price.

Not bolt in at all but not super heavy into fab. Worth the price definitely though at around 220ish shipped. I believe they have an option for TRE's as well

I have 3" front springs, all 4 shocks, and front upper and lower adj control arms. Only thing you would need would be rear add a leaf. I also have 1 3/4" front spacers blocks.

What do you want for that, Tuffnuttz? That's right along the lines of the size I am looking for (don't want to get into the driveline modifications right now, too much to do before winter).

Back