• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest oh11 Adopt A Newbie program...

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
we talked about this a year or so ago and are going to attempt to put it into play for WF11.

for those of you that were not around for the original conversation (aka: newbies), the idea is to match/pair up the new guys/gals with the more experianced members. this would include converstations before the event, as well as being able to 'tag' along with your new Big Brother through out the weekend (even shower with if so inclined). Newbies may or may not be required to fetch beers at the fire. :D

Most newbies won't have rigs that will be built like their BB's rigs, but the BB's will wheel on trails to your level and help you learn your rig, the trails, and mostly the people of the great WMC of NAXJA.

This is NOT going to be for first timers only, if you're new(er) to the club, or more so new to wheeling, you too can be included into this group.

I feel this is the best way to get involved, learn the sport and have the best WF experiance possable.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

If interested, please post here. include your rig specs, family attending, where you plan to stay (ie: camp, hotel) and mostly what you expect WF to be all about. If you have general WF questions, we will start a new thread for those, but please if you have questions about the AaN program, ask here.

Dan

good idea. i feel a little newbie-ish having only attending one WF. i dont feel like i got to meet everyone last year. i wouldnt mind being adopted.

probably me and the old man going this time. camping at the badlands. i wheel a MJ with lockers and a winch and im not shy with the go pedal.

oh, and WMC?

Dan,

Consider one step further. This could be extended to "newer" guys with a more capable rig that want to try the next level. Maybe the BB could guide someone on the difficult trails too. There may be interest from some who have been hesitant to do harder trails, but would do it if they had a BB to show them the way. Just a thought, I like the whole idea/concept.

Last edited:
For sure John. The idea for this came from 2 years ago when I met Nate and Bryant (and their hot gf's :D ) and took them on Orange when they were thInking Green. I think they both were surprised what their Jeeps were able to do. They then ran Pink.

I like to encourage people to push harder than they think they can.

List your specs.

'97 4.0, AX15, 231, HP30, 8.25 (3.07s, open/open)
- RE 4.5" super flex kit
- 33s

the goal is to (ideally) buy John Ds axles come the turn of the new year when he is done with his build, add a little protection, and STILL make winterfest. i do have a fall back plan if the money isnt there. you know he reliable us college students are. :gag:

ive never attended (moved to the MW last december) but would be driving to and from in the hopes of NOT breaking anything along the way.

good idea. i feel a little newbie-ish having only attending one WF. i dont feel like i got to meet everyone last year. i wouldnt mind being adopted.

I feel a little like this too. Still had a blast though.

Budget boosted, locked. Looks like I'll be bigger for WF tho.

I am new and have never been to WF before but will be attending this one. I have a buddy that has been a few times(egghead) though. I will probably only be up there on saturday and will be driving up since it's only about a half hour from the house. Most likely the GF will be coming with.

rig:
87 mj with 4.5" lift, 35's, locked front & LS rear, 4.56's, & winch.

I have never been to the badlands with this rig and would not dissagree to following a more experienced guide. Here is a pic of the rig the way it sits now(not done yet but will be)
69341_445801973906_735783906_5587513_6043907_n.jpg

Last edited:
I will be a first timer for WF, but have been to badlands a few times. I have ran the Green,Orange and some Red. 95 ZJ(I know not a XJ) 4.0 3.5RC lift 31 inch MT(possible 33 by then) 3.55 open frt. and rear.
I am planning to trailer her there if so want to run the entire Red trail esp. Buzzards Roost!
I am not sure on wife and kids yet..

I will be a first timer for WF, but have been to badlands a few times. I have ran the Green,Orange and some Red. 95 ZJ(I know not a XJ) 4.0 3.5RC lift 31 inch MT(possible 33 by then) 3.55 open frt. and rear.
I am planning to trailer her there if so want to run the entire Red trail esp. Buzzards Roost!
I am not sure on wife and kids yet..

This where this program will help. First, we won't let anyone run red w/o locker(s), but you've got plenty of time to get the rear welded up. If you're on a trailer and not afraid of damage you will be fine. Kids are always welcome. And wives.

1988 4runner, 33's, open front and rear.

who wants some of this?

i still think this is one of the better ideas ive heard around this place in years.

cheers,

jj

who wants some of this?

i still think this is one of the better ideas ive heard around this place in years.

cheers,

jj

I'm sure all the local 16 year old girls at the gas station would. LOL

You're no f'n newbie. You comming to WF with a rig this year that doesn't say VW on it?

who wants some of this?

cheers,

jj

AS long as You're watching Thomas the train on a portable DVD player.............. :looser:

Back